Tree Climbing Intructional Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikedSupra

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a particular video that would be helpful to learning a few climbing techniques and where to obtain them? I am learning much from my book but it would help me more if I could see some of these techniques put into practice on film.

Thanks rb

Thanks for the links...Although I dont have time to browse them at the moment I will be sure to do so in the near future.

You forgot the most important link...

/\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
- -
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
-----

It's the one at the top of the page. :)

Forrest, are you insinuating that you have purchased climbing gear already? :alien: What did you purchase?

The guy selling did not know what he had, maybe stolen. the rope mesurmants are wrong.

'cept for the gaffs, you probably could have got that stuff for $300 new.

JP

So are your implications that I got a steal of a deal? How do you know the measurments are off on the ropes? j/c
Forrest

Probably more like $600 plus, including the gaffs.

If you thoroughly inspect all the gear, including inch by inch with the ropes, it might be safe to use. Especially look for signs of cuts and gaff marks. Any doubt at all, tossa the offending item. That saddle is a basic model, but it will work. Those are Buckingham climbers with tree gaffs, still pretty long. Take some getting used to, and more than needed for thin barked trees. For long periods spent in the climbers, get some better pads. Just be careful, certainly get gaff climbing instruction...

I still use the same gaffs that I got used back in 1975, including the aluminum cadillac pads. Of course the gaffs themselves have been replaced many times, and the foam on the pads, and all the straps. Still have the old linemans's belt I got back then. It is on it's second customized (by me) butt strap. I haven't used it in many years, but it still kinda works.

Safety first.....

Before I was born, on the Eastern Shore of Va., my family lived in Tampa for a few years. Fla is one of the few states i've never been....

Some PNW scenery:

Inspection

Thanks for the advice RB. I will make sure and inspect every centimetere of rope that I get and of course will toss any rope that has been cut or severly abrasioned. I am feeling great about my purchase with your "new" status estimates of the gear. I just cant wait to receive it. I send out the money order tomorrow and it will be delivered UPS Ground so it should be here sometime during the week.

Roger? Are you aware of any Books / Videos available for Spikes? Ive seen them in a set just not a stand alone.

Forrest I'll clean out my old stuff again next year if you will need more by then. :D

Back