Tree Falling vids from a while back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burvol

Bullbuck
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting here, just thought I'd put these up for the heck of it. This unit was in Carson, WA a while ago. There was some pretty nice second growth Doug Fir left in the far corner of the sale that was filled in with Alder and a ton of brush. Kind of a tree here and there, but it was definetly worth getting. You can tell the rakers are a tad low on my saw, little grabby. My sister shot the video and was too close to my cover tree:)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=49106136

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=49103438

Those 655's are beasts for sure. No pokes in the eye on my vids? I figured I'd get a tomato shower, everyone has something to say about cutting trees wrong on here it seems :cheers:

Did you notice how close my Dad came to slabbing out the side of that big fir? I probably would have cut a slip on that stump out front and put the chunk up on top of it. I hate putting defect in timber like that, beautiful stuff even hurts worse to break. That's why I put the description on the video "weasles a fir in the hole", no not the dirty one!

Did you notice how close my Dad came to slabbing out the side of that big fir? I probably would have cut a slip on that stump out front and put the chunk up on top of it. I hate putting defect in timber like that, beautiful stuff even hurts worse to break. That's why I put the description on the video "weasles a fir in the hole", no not the dirty one!

Yeah it almost laid right across the stump, but you can see by the holding wood on the butt that your dad was "threading the needle". :clap:

Those 655's are beasts for sure. No pokes in the eye on my vids? I figured I'd get a tomato shower, everyone has something to say about cutting trees wrong on here it seems :cheers:

No pokes in the eye. When I start doing every one perfectly I'll expect other people to do the same. That probably won't be any time soon, though.:)

I watched your video, but your dad's keeps crashing Firefox, and won't play on Internet explorer. :(

No pokes in the eye. When I start doing every one perfectly I'll expect other people to do the same. That probably won't be any time soon, though.:)

Shoot, Bob, I thought I was perfect! LOL, I just figured someone would say one bad thing.

Yeah it almost laid right across the stump, but you can see by the holding wood on the butt that your dad was "threading the needle". :clap:

Your right, he's got the slot right, but it still canned off that stump. That's what I was refering to, slicing that stump out front. He hit it, just got the lucky flop. The top hit the log next to it just before it made contact with the stump. One of those deals that are a toss up I guess. When the lay gets deep enough out in front it really doesn't matter as much.

Shoot, Bob, I thought I was perfect! LOL, I just figured someone would say one bad thing.

LOL...If you ever find a perfect faller, let me know. I'd like to watch him. I was told that the difference between bad fallers and good fallers was that, while they both make mistakes, the good ones keep the mistake from becoming a disaster. Makes sense to me. As far as people making remarks about your work...if they're qualified that's fine. If they're not it's better if they keep their mouth shut. I've had trees that went over so well that I wished I could do it again a couple of times. And I've had the other kind, too....plenty of them. :cheers:

Last edited:
LOL...If you ever find a perfect faller, let me know. I'd like to watch him. I was told that the difference between bad fallers and good fallers was that, while they both make mistakes, the good ones keep the mistake from becoming a disaster. Makes sense to me. :cheers:

+1 That's it right there...I was joking. Those mistakes are bad for breaking your rythym, which is darn near the whole deal.

Can you write a blow by blow description of the video? I have dialup so can't watch. I'd have to see if your outfit was color coordinated or not. :) If you want to add BLING to your saw, I found some great rhinestones and stickon shiny plastic flowers in the Crafts section of Walmart.:cheers:

Can you write a blow by blow description of the video? I have dialup so can't watch. I'd have to see if your outfit was color coordinated or not. :) If you want to add BLING to your saw, I found some great rhinestones and stickon shiny plastic flowers in the Crafts section of Walmart.:cheers:
You would be dissapoited in the color coordination I am sure from what Ive learned about fashion from you Slowp and Burvol you suck.

Just kidden your posts are some of the best around learn a lot from ya thanks for having the bolls to share.

boy i feel like a *bleep*head for missing this thread

awesome vids burvol! :clap:

Latest posts

Back