Tree Felling Direction Of Falling Question ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these spots should look familiar owl.
attachment.php

If Owl's right and this is back-side of Mill Creek, those bigguns there may be part of that stand I was telling you about. If this pic is faced about NW, and the gate is about 1/2 mile to the right, you'll find my orange diamond markers starting about 1/2 mile due west. The real big stuff is over the hill and about mid-slope, as I recall.

Its funny how a thread can turn. Great pics guys!

Bob- that's always my hope with sharing my experience in these kinds of threads. Maybe get to one of them that will take it and won't argue back.

Waiting out some thunder bangers this morn. I'll work in anything, wind, rain, and snow. 100 degrees to 30 below. The ####iest #### mother nature can throw. I draw the line at lightning though.

It takes 2.5 hours in Montana just to get from nowhere to the middle of nowhere

That's funny. Where I live, we say everything is 2 hours away....

Must be nice. Although the population isn't much here and this is a big county for Tennessee, you can't hardly find solitute. Believe it or not, it was easier to get away from people where I grew up in Florida in a county with 5 times the population. If you can't tell, I am a tad envious of you two. Ron

All the how-to felling sites say the front cut, which defines the direction one wants the tree to fall, should be no more than 30 % of the tree diameter deep.
that's wrong.. completely wrong.. where did you get that from? Just goes to show how out of touch with reality this industry is.

Latest posts

Back