Tree I.D. ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furious

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering of someone could id this tree based on the only pic I have of it....

Thanks!!!

The bark and branching resemble a mulberry, but the wood color is a bit off. Since that area appears decayed, I'm not certain what it might be. Mulberry leaves are yellow when they fall, so your background might match the leaf color too. I seldom see a broken mulberry, so that doesn't bode well for my diagnosis.

Are you able to scrounge around in the leaves and come up with some good samples? That is a lot more reliable than a picture of a tree trunk.

I think I would spot an elm. I could be persuaded that is a willow though.

I don't see too many of those, except at a distance. Right now, I mostly see dead pines and dead/dying ash trees. I don't even need to glance up at the leaves on an ash; I got those down cold.

White Willow
yqevugus.jpg

Sent from my 3120XP

This is almost funny...guesses are all over the board, and many are not even close. Not a good picture, so I am going to guess. Where are you located? That may help. Can you get better pictures? Even a better shot of those branches on the left might help...but since they are sprouts, they will be atypical. Even a broken branch from the ground if the rest of the tree is gone...

Yeah Canada...but I'm pretty sure the trees in Victoria are generally different than those in Montreal. But, like you said he hasn't been back, so must not be that interested.

Located in Ontario, east of Toronto about 2 hours.... Crappy pic I know lol. Thanks for all the replies!!!!

Back