Tree limb crack in a Albizia juli brissin - Memosa tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkistner

Reaction score
We have a 10in limb that has a crack from snow stress that is about 12in long and deep. Any recommendations for saving the limb, filling the crack, limb wrap???

I don't beleive there is much hope with this situation however only getting an arborist out there to visually inspect it will provide meaningful advice.

Post a picture if you can so we can tell if there is any obvious answer.

Cracks are not often fatal. lighten the end a little, care for the tree.

We have a 10in limb that has a crack from snow stress that is about 12in long and deep. Any recommendations for saving the limb, filling the crack, limb wrap???

Filling the crack, dont even go there, utter BS.

Limb wrap, perhaps aluminum foil and light a fire under it if you'd like to eat it toasted. lol :D

Just kidding, forget about it, more BS.

I go with Treeseer and say shorten/lighten, also get some long stainless steel bolts, maybe 1/4' dia, drill right thru the crack, nut and washer ... tighten her up snug and let it grow over ... maybe 2 of them, one each end of the crack to prevent it getting worse (imagine the crack length divided into 1/4's, then a bolt a 1/4 way along the crack from each end) and that's it.

Make sure you leave foliage on the end of that limb when pruning, proper cuts that seal over! :)

Albezia spp. Working on this tree is like taking a goldfish to the vet. Hubcaps on a tractor.

Just kidding, I do indeed enjoy this tree. Walk outside in the late evening/dusk and watch the leaves slowly fold in on themselves. I have even put a brace in one, as Mr Seer. suggest. Avoid the limb wrap, and filling thing.

Back