Tree roots cut and exposed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snj393

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi - My neighbor extended their driveway and cut my tree roots and they're exposed. Any advice on how I may protect them from insects? IMG_20160612_193357.jpg IMG_20160612_193658.jpg IMG_20160612_193658.jpg

Can't help you with what to do now, but do keep good records and get as many photos as you can. Document any decline in your trees. Photos of years in the past of your trees in a healthy condition could be useful. Your neighbor is responsible for the damage they did. Sometimes triple damage.

Can't help you with what to do now, but do keep good records and get as many photos as you can. Document any decline in your trees. Photos of years in the past of your trees in a healthy condition could be useful. Your neighbor is responsible for the damage they did. Sometimes triple damage.
Thank you.

Ok thank you I appreciate it. It's a rather large tree that is close to my house, not only am I concerned with rotting but it's stability in the event of a storm.

Inform your home insurance company of what has happened and keep a record of this.. If possible inform your neighbors of your concerns keep evidence of this and check your local municipal for any vegetation controls that may have been breeched..
Thank you.

Back