Tree service owner killed in western Mass.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckethead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I believe he was a third generation tree cutter...very sad.

EAST LONGMEADOW - Police have identified a 28-year-old Southwick man killed by a falling tree on Donamor Lane Thursday afternoon as Tyler Granfield.

Police were summoned to a residence on Donamor Lane shortly after 3:30 p.m. for a report of a man that had been pinned under the branches of a tree.

Sgt. Patrick Manley said Granfield, owner of Tyler Tree Service, had been removing storm-damaged trees on the property when the accident occurred.

Three other employees freed Granfield by cutting away the branches that pinned him down and responding police officers attempted to revive the man, who was unresponsive, with CPR, Manley said.

Granfield was taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield where he was later pronounced dead

I believe he was a third generation tree cutter...very sad.

EAST LONGMEADOW - Police have identified a 28-year-old Southwick man killed by a falling tree on Donamor Lane Thursday afternoon as Tyler Granfield.

Police were summoned to a residence on Donamor Lane shortly after 3:30 p.m. for a report of a man that had been pinned under the branches of a tree.

Sgt. Patrick Manley said Granfield, owner of Tyler Tree Service, had been removing storm-damaged trees on the property when the accident occurred.

Three other employees freed Granfield by cutting away the branches that pinned him down and responding police officers attempted to revive the man, who was unresponsive, with CPR, Manley said.

Granfield was taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield where he was later pronounced dead

very sad, hate it when its close to home, is there any more details around about what excatly happend othere than what was said on the news?

I don't know any new info.

I know him and his father Kerry grandfield. Ive got log trucks from them. And worked with them on construction sites when they were in excavation also. To young to go and had a good business going.

Rip Tyler and to friends and family I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Never give an inch
nate houle.

Latest posts

Back