Tree Service Web sites

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stavenstumper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi again. Do you guys getting any work from your web sites if you have them? I have a small (part-time) stump grinding business in Connecticut. A made a web site from what classes I took in college. It's kind of lame but it has my phone number on it and its FREE. It comes up like 2nd item on a yahoo search of "Stump Grinding" which in of itself is an accomplishment. The question is what percent of business (if any) comes from web pages or is this field just one of those things people don't think to research via the web.

I ain't made a penny off mine yet. But, I'm willing to accept donations!
pimp.gif

I dont think I get any direct work from it but I use it as a reference tool, a customer asks what do I do, I tell them to have a gander at the website, pictures on there do the talking. I get 4 to 10 hits a day average and my max has been 55 I think.

While I am not a tree trimmer, I pick up my biggest jobs from the websites. In fact, I have gotten to where I pulled local advertising all together (including Yellow Pages).

I don't know of any tree or stump guys in my area that do a booming business off their websites, including me. Mine was a cheap two-page deal just to have an internet presence and to put on business cards as a reference.
The price was right on yours so it can't hurt to have it up and running. If it brought in one job a year, at that price, it would be worth it.

Originally posted by stavenstumper
The question is what percent of business (if any) comes from web pages or is this field just one of those things people don't think to research via the web.
Some of my best clients come via the site. They are done shopping when we talk. They already have confidence in me, so the usual dance done during the estimate isn't needed.

I like it like that.:)

I do a few jobs a month off my website. I haven't put a lot of time or money in it so it may be more productive if I improve it. I got it as part of a package deal with my yellow page advertisements.

Xander "Censored in the Treehouse" 9727

Nick,
I'll try and limit my pine tree genocide pics to one page.

I guess next time I'll run the little bugger through the chipper. I ran a bunch of huge pumpkins through it on tuesday and it didn't clog. Kinda made you realize what would happen if you lost track of what you were doing while chipping. I could see the realization in the guys faces. They were excited when the customer asked if I could get rid of them and I told them to run them through the chipper. About the third one though they made the connection. Hopefully it causes them to continue to be safe and respect the machine.

Of course I may have scarred them for life. This could cause them to hate their father for taking their mother and make them want to hurt animals. Next thing you know they'll start working as morticians and then become sociopaths. As you well know one incident forever changes our lives.

What have I done? I better go alert the FBI and Gill Grisham so they can start watching them.

Butch you have forever lost the priviledge to call yourself a Euc Man. You have shown your soft feminine side and while I still like you I have to call it the way it is. Your an Oak in Euc clothing.......This is a sad, sad, sad day for me.:(

Xander "censored in the treehouse" 9727.
I guess "Big Brother" really is everywhere. George just called it 20 years early.

I've stated before I'm 60% Euc, 40% Oak. And since my momma was a Gibson, an my daddy was a Fender, I guess that's why they call me "Mind Bender."

I've killed a coon with a chainsaw before, I just didn't brag about it... I didn't care for it. It's in an old thread, somewhere.

Back