Tree Service Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njtuna

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
was very happy to get a hlaf-truck load of red oak from a local tree service this weekend. delivered friday, split saturday, stacked sunday. came out to about 3/4 cord. so far for next season, i have 3/4 cord black locust seasoning since august, and this load of red oak, which i hope to use next january.

Is the wood cut really short, or does the camera make it just look that way?

thanks all. yes, it was cut pretty short. i spoke to the tree service afterward and told them i could take longer lengths. he said they cut them short so they could lift them. most of the rounds were 24 inches to over 30 inches in diameter. free short oak is fine by me! used the chainsaw for less than 5 minutes. other than that, all i had to do was split and stack.

Nice wood...
Thats one problem with getting tree service wood. When they are removing these trees most of the time the tree is in the wires or overhanging buildings, ect. They don't have uniform cuts in mind. They want to get the tree down the quickest and safest way so they make better money. I don't blame them.

Latest posts

Back