tree worker jokes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago a tree company, (who will go nameless) got done dumping their bucket truck. They negleted to put the bucket down however, and went merrily on their way. they took out phone line after phone line without realizing it, till they hit a cabled line that stoped their truck.:Monkey: :Monkey: :Monkey:

Gee, DK, sorry to hear that . Was that 15 years ago, and did your dad still invite you to the dinner table?

It wasn't a tree company, but 15 or 20 years ago, I saw a dump truck driving down the road with his dump most of the way up. I don't recollect for sure, but it might have been on one of our local floating bridges. I dont think he was spreading gravel, as it was a mite too warm for there to be ice on the road!!:blob2: :blob4: :eek:

Hmmm.

Even worse than being a gman under a coulter pine or monkey puzzle, eh.......!!?

Headaaaaaache.........

........IIIIIIIInnnnncomingggggggggg.

OWWWWWW!!:laugh: :Monkey: :jester:

this might be long.
last year we took down a massive bur oak, 50"dbh, i went up and took the back side of of it so i could fell it the other way.
it was at new home constuction of a house that was 1.1 million
if things went bad the tree would hit the house. so all the contractors are out watchin me! to add to the pressure the are predicting that the tree will land either on the house our go over back wards. we tied it off to the bobcat and i put a real deep flat notch in it and the flat cut it from th back with about 2-3" left in side. pulled out the saw looked up at the contractors and walked towards my operator in the bobcat, when i felt i was out of the way i gave him the go too lay it down , he did, when all was done
the tree lay right were i wanted it! but i was not complety out of the way, the very top of the tree lay across my boots, seizing the oppurtunity! i looked up at the contractors, they are wide eyed and mouths droped, they actually think that i new right were i could stand for the tree not too hit me, them fools! when the tree came over i frooze! i wanted to watch and was not paying attention that i was still that close! just thought it was kinda funny! plus im still getting calls from those guys to get more work!

An arborist had a terrible passion for baked beans, but they always had a somewhat lively effect on him. After he met the woman of his dreams, he made the supreme sacrifice and gave them up; he couldn't imagine subjecting his new wife to his beastly emissions.
On his birthday, his truck broke down, so he called his wife and told her he'd have to walk home. He walked past a cafe and the wonderful aroma of baked beans overwhelmed him. Since he was still a couple of miles from home, he figured he could indulge, and then walk off any ill effects. So he had three extra-large helpings of beans, and he "put-putted" all the way home.
His wife met him at the door and seemed somewhat excited. She exclaimed, "Darling, I have the most wonderful surprise for you for dinner tonight!"
She blindfolded him, and led him to his chair at the head of the table, making him promise not to peek. At this point, he was beginning to feel another one coming on. Just as she was about to remove the blindfold, the telephone rang and she went to answer it.
While she was gone, he seized the opportunity. He shifted his weight to one leg and let go. It was not only loud, but ripe as a rotten egg. He gasped and felt for his napkin and fanned the air about him. He had just started to feel better, when another urge came on. This one sounded like a diesel engine revving, and smelled worse. He tried flapping his arms, to clear the air. But another one snuck out, and the windows rattled, the dishes on the table shook, and a minute later, the flowers on the table were dead.
When he heard his wife ending her conversation, he neatly laid his napkin on his lap and folded his hands on top of it. He was the picture of innocence when she walked in.
Apologizing for taking so long, she asked if he had peeked at the dinner. He assured her he had not, so she removed the blindfold and yelled, "Surprise!!!"
To his shock and horror, there were twelve dinner guests seated around the table for his surprise birthday party.

Down in Louisiana....
Tibideaux was out sitting on his front porch when Budroe drove up pulling a john boat with stuff all over it. Tibideaux asked "Hey Budroe, what Is dat stuff on you boat?" Budroe replied " Them's cattails. I gone ta catch me some catfish. You wanna go?"Tibideaux answered. " Budroe you crazy coon *aspen*, cattail ain't got nothin to do wid catfish get on outen here!" Late that afternoon Budroe stopped by with the purtiest string of catfish Tibideaux had ever seen.
A couple days later Budroe drops by again. Tibideaux looks at Budroe's truck and asks "Budroe what is all dat stuff on you truck?" Budroe answered "That be duckweed. I gone to shoot me some ducks. You wanna come?" Tibideax shakes his head"Budroe you must be da stupidest cajun in da whole Parish. Duckweed don't have nothin' to do wid duck huntin'! Besides I cain't go today." That evening Budroe stopped by with a whole passle of fat Canvasbacks,mallards and wood ducks! "You shoulda come huntin Tibideax" he said as he handed Tibideax a pair of Canvasbacks.
2 days later Budroe drove up with his truck absolutely loaded down with branches." Budroe what you got all over you truck now?" asked Tibideaux. Budroe replied, "Oh, them be branches I cut dis mornin'. I been cuttin' ***** Willow. I'm gone to....." " "Hang on Budroe, I'll come wid you," shouted Tibideaux and he jumped in the truck....................

An hour and a half later Budroe pulled back into Tibideaux's driveway and said."Tibideaux you is a good friend to go out there to the dumpground wid me and unload all dem branches by yourself. You is one crazy coon *aspen* but you is about the best fren a feller could have."

P.S. This couldn't have been 'our' Budroe could it since He is from Florida?

topping at least 15 feet

A freelance arborist here in town spent 2 hours trying to convince
a customer not to top his 50 feet oak.
The customer still insisted on topping it and offered to pay
for a full days work, just to get it done.
Ok, says the arbo, but we'll make a contract, to be sure to get
the full payment.
Customer leaves for work, the arbo starts his Husky
and the proceeds with felling the entire oak.
He then leaves a note in the customer's mailbox saying
"work done, expecting payment".
He explained to me that in the contract it said
"top the oak, AT LEAST by 15 feet from the top"
Well, he topped it 50 feet from the top.
Believe he got sued :)

You could also agree to top the tree and schedule the work for another day.

Come back with a camera crew, some reporters, and a few community leaders and provide a demonstration of what NOT to do to trees.

Nickrosis

Latest posts

Back