Tried to carve a Sasquatch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoclones

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
One time I look at this and like it, then the next time I don't. Not yet sure what's bothering me about it. Western cedar, 37" tall.

bigfoot-1a.jpg

bigfoot-1b.jpg

bigfoot-1c.jpg

bigfoot-1d.jpg

bigfoot-1e.jpg

Sasquatch

Well, it is deffinately a big foot, when i look at the face i think i know this guy.
Pretty neat anyway.

First off I want to say this reply is coming strictly as an appreciator of your work and not a carver at all. But with that said IMHO you nailed the feet, body and posture even the head from behind. Face needed to be less human looking with more of a beard. Still awesome work though.

Face needed to be less human looking with more of a beard. Still awesome work though.

Thanks! "Less human" was my first criticism but the girlfriend shot me down on that one. The beard,,, that was in my original plan yet I failed to give him one or even recognize it was missing.

I think I can achieve a less human look by working on the forehead. The 'Harry and the Hendersons' bigfoot is my favorite image and he has sharper lines in the forehead shape. There appears to be a recess running vertically up his forehead too...

Broader shoulders might help too.

Less Human This Time

I dove into a large Ponderosa log looking for a 'less human' sasquatch and found this guy. A couple of oddities in the log convinced me to twist him around. Maybe a little too much? Anyway, this one is 80" tall...

bigfoot-2a.jpg

bigfoot-2b.jpg

bigfoot-2c.jpg

A little 'blueing' (from beatles?) appeared in just the right spot to get some laughs.

bigfoot-2d.jpg

yeah man nice job, Is that sap wood in the nether region or did your carving shart himself?

They are both awesome but I thought the 1st ones limbs seemed a little out of proportion. It looked like a dwarf Sasquatch but you nailed it on the second one.

Latest posts

Back