Triple wall chimney question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a simpson dura plus type HT triple wall setup that is a thru wall installation with a wall thimble. The wall thimble is near ground level (basement stove) and my wife has been blowing grass toward the house with the mower, and all over the chimney as well. I know grass has gotten into the gap between the 3 wall horizontal pipe, and the outside part of the thimble, and i want to take it apart to clean and inspect.

So, here is my problem... the twist locks seem don't want to come loose. I tried a "strap wrench" of sorts, but am only succeeding in denting the outside wall of the pipe. Has anyone disassembled one of these without damage? Any hints or advice would be appreciated.

Tee question.

These pics are from inside, looking thru the horizontal pipe to the tee. I have not cleaned the flue. This is what it looks like now with some burn time from the end of last yr. My concern is with the curled up edges of the inner wall @ the tee. Problem?

View attachment 202055View attachment 202056

I'd say call the manufacture service dept.
My contact there is Dale Menges 707-451-7064
They are in California so keep that in mind as to time zone when calling....and he is good about returning messages.

Back