Truck bed chainsaw mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil21502

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Think it was on this forum where a saw a log across a truck bed that then held saws. Searched and searched and can't find it again. Any help?

You can use a 4x6. Bore straight through for each saw, mount it horizontally stick your saws in vertically with the handles up...works great!

I keep mine locked up in one of those aluminum tool boxes. Tractor Supply special $250. To many people around here that like the 5 finger discount.

I'm too cheap for one of dem tool boxes, so i just huck the saws in the back with everything else. Usually head straight for home after cutting all day but if I don't and say go out to eat/drunk (stinking of diesel and trees:msp_rolleyes:) then I'll lock the saws up in the cab.

I've punched holes in countless bar oil bottles with felling dogs, nicked my axe handle poked holes in my calks, lost my tin hat once (flew out the back...).

Now that I think of it having one of them tool box thingys could save alot of time...

Now that I think of it having one of them tool box thingys could save alot of time...[/QUOTE said:
Hmmm I bet it would save a lot of time and money. No matter how you end up doing it a determined thief will break into anything even locked cabs and tool boxes. But I figured I might as well make any perspective thieves work for it, which might allow me enough time to get the first round threw one of the knee caps:yoyo:

That was a blast from the past, several trucks and subarus past them....Couple dogs too, unfortunately.

View attachment 290871View attachment 290872View attachment 290873

Just measure a log to fit to the outside edges of the bed rails, flatside the ends to sit on the rails, and bolt it down. If you've got a tool box, make sure there's clearance for handle bars. - Sam

Last edited:
Back