Truck Load!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
This is my little F150 with a little wood on her!
barn028.jpg
barn027.jpg
barn025.jpg

MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
How much wood can a Woodchuck, chuck in his F-150?

I don't know but I'm pretty sure I proved my grandpa wrong. He always said u can't get a cord on a truck and this is well over 1.:chainsaw: Wish he was still around I spent alot of time with him and dad in the woods. Them are some of the best memories I have.

Last edited:
Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
He always said u can't get a cord on a truck

He should have added, "....very often without seriously shortening the lifespan of your axles, bearings, transmission and differential". Better hope the guy ahead of you doesn't decide to use his brakes cause yours will be all but useless with that load.

Ian

Last edited:
JTElectric

JTElectric

ArboristSite Operative
That's a load of wood! My dad and I took our Dolmars out yesterday (He just got a 420, I had my 5100) and we cut a BIG pickup load (92 F250 Diesel longbox) in about an hour and a half, but there's no way a load like yours would have made it out of the field! You would have lost the top 2 feet! We had it thrown on, not stacked, because it's just a pain to stack, and we had to carry it a ways, so we didn't bother.

Good load though! A Chevy would have puked it's oil, antifreeze, and tranny fluid by now, and that's just GOING to cut firewood! lol :cheers:

haha just kidding Chevy boys, my Chevelle has been very good to me. :clap:

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
lol.... i do that to my Mazda every load... green wood... but I only have to go 1/4 mile at best, and very slowly in 4wd low ratio... it's now 18 years old...

Last edited:
MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
He should have added, "....very often without seriously shortening the lifespan of your axles, bearings, transmission and differential". Better hope the guy ahead of you doesn't decide to use his brakes cause yours will be all but useless with that load.

Ian

That is nothing! It is seasoned wood half the weight of green wood. When I cut wood to bring home I use the 18' car trailer u c in the picture's. It hauls 2 of them loads on it and load the truck. The truck does not get loaded like that though. It will take me 72 miles 1 way 2 my job for the next 2 weeks. Truck has seen 18000 miles in 9 months and has'nt lost a bearing yet, trailer either. You would'nt drive a shivy would ya? LOL:greenchainsaw:

cjcocn

cjcocn

Tree Freak
That's a pretty good load. My 2000 F250 will handle a cord like it isn't even there, but dry jackpine doesn't weigh near as much.

It's really too bad that you didn't have a trailer that you could have loaded that wood on. :D

MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
lol.... i do that to my Mazda every load... green wood... but I only have to go 1/4 mile at best, and very slowly in 4wd low ratio... it's now 18 years old...

I always load mine like that when I'm bringing it in the house, My wood pile is only in the back yard. Hope the axle bearing did'nt weld itself to the axle. YA RIGHT!!! lol:cheers:

BlueRidgeMark

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite

Ian

+1.

Going is one thing. Stopping is another.

Latest posts