Truck shocks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramrat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What would you guys use my work truck 2005 dodge 1500 four door. I drive this truck about 10,000 miles a year.

For mine, pretty much all stock, I went to napa and got their hd shocks. Been on for a year and work fine.

No first hand knowledge, but a buddy put a set of Bilsteins on and said it rode better than new.

They're going on my '08 SD when the stockers go.

Tim

Bilstein. They'll never have to be replaced again. They came stock on my toyotas and the only reason I replaced them on my 4runner at 170,000mi was because I lifted it, with bilsteins of course. Just be sure to get the right valving for your specific vehicle. They're reasonably priced to boot, about $200 for all four corners. If you're a DIY guy, that's all you ever spend for shocks again.

I put these on the back of my truck ('98 K1500). They were a royal PITA to put on (had to lift the frame off the rearend) but are totally worth the money and time. The truck rides on the coils when there is no load in the back. Honestly, they're awesome.
loadadj_img_lg.png

these keep the front end from bouncing up and down

truckshock_img_lg.jpg

Bilsteins. They back their product. Keep your old ones as spares. Bilstein will repair or replace any of their shocks. Don't know which one is bad? They will inspect them, fix them and re powdercoat the good ones to match the rebuilt one. Their lifetime warrenty is the real deal.

If im looking for ride quality BILSTEIN'S if I beat the crap outta them(offroad, towing, heavy crap) I use monroes expensive line.. Forget what they are called!

Back