truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legendrider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 93 f150 short bed. i want to build a box similar to what landscapers use and want some arborists use to allow for extra debris. How can i build these. any photos. thanks???????//

An F150 with a 6 1/2 foot bed isn't going to be able to haul much. You can build it out of wood or steel added to the existing sides, or you can completely rip the bed off and start from scratch with steel and wood or just steel.

this for light hauling only ...leaves and branches etc. what type of lumber to i use for the frame work? how do you affix them to the bed

1/2" cdx plywood screwed onto to 2 x 3 or 2 x 4 studs. 2 -3 ft spacing will give plenty of rigidity and strength. Use the stake pockets to set it on the bed rail. You will probably have to remove the tie downs to access the pockets. My short bed would hold 6 yards of chips with a box 4 feet tall of the bed rail.

i pulled out the tie downs and i have two stake pockets on each side. regarding the spacing?, if i mount one 2x3 in each pocket how do mount the middle stake. there is no pocket. do i fabricate a bracket?

You can have more than 2 "wall brackets" on a side but only need 2 of them to extend down into the stake pockets. Make sure the ones that extend into the pockets are plumb to each other, other wise getting your wall sections in and out will suck at best.

Back