Ts350 -> 08s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrygrey382

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone got pdfs of the service manuals for a Stihl 08S and TS350? If so could you PM me? - Sometime I'd like to get one of the very plentiful dead TS350s off ebay, rebuild it and convert it to a chainsaw... Just the oil pump, side cover and air filter are different right?
Harry

yeah that'd help, thanks. Know of any manuals? A while ago someone gave me a link to many different Stihl IPLs actually, but can't find it again. Anyone know the site?

I keep toying with the idea of doing one. I have a dead 08 and a shed full (literally) of 350s and 360s part saws.

The air filter is different but there is also an adaptor that it mounts on to the carb for the 08. I don't see why you couldn't just leave the TS set up on it, unless you really want the 08 filter which isn't up to much (just a wire mesh cylinder)

The oil pump, and oil tank are an integral part of the side housing. I'm not sure about the drive, I can't remember, but I think there is a pin or something similar in the end of the crank that drives it.

Clutch drum would obviously need changing. Both bar studs are usually on a TS350, but not always.

Exhaust is different, but I don't see why you'd need to change it.

Not sure if the handle is different or not?

Three IPLs sent 08S, TS350 & TS350AVE/TS360.

Great, thanks a lot

I keep toying with the idea of doing one. I have a dead 08 and a shed full (literally) of 350s and 360s part saws.

The air filter is different but there is also an adaptor that it mounts on to the carb for the 08. I don't see why you couldn't just leave the TS set up on it, unless you really want the 08 filter which isn't up to much (just a wire mesh cylinder)

The oil pump, and oil tank are an integral part of the side housing. I'm not sure about the drive, I can't remember, but I think there is a pin or something similar in the end of the crank that drives it.

Clutch drum would obviously need changing. Both bar studs are usually on a TS350, but not always.

Exhaust is different, but I don't see why you'd need to change it.

Not sure if the handle is different or not?

Well sounds like all yo uneed is time! Maybe I'll make you an offer on a dead ts350 sometime...

A few things though - crankcases and cranks are slightly different numbers, maybe minor though, I can't spot the differences. Front handles defo different, carbs different (maybe that's filter mounting). That was after a very quick look...

This is the air filter set up. the adaptor fits the 350 carb, just bolts on.

I'm pretty sure the carb above came off my 08. Slight differences, but nothing major.

08filter-1.jpg

I know the part numbers are different on the crankcase and a few other bits, but it'll work. The 350 and 360 crankcase is a chainsaw case. I don't know of any other model it could be, so the 08/08S must be the one.

Hi, I am new to the forum - saw a number of posts on the TS350 and need some help with mine.
Anyone have a diagram showing the linkages and how the choke and throttle levers are connected? Just purchased this unit in a non-working condition and trying to put it together. Previous owner seems to have made some changes. Thank you!

Hi, I am new to the forum - saw a number of posts on the TS350 and need some help with mine.
Anyone have a diagram showing the linkages and how the choke and throttle levers are connected? Just purchased this unit in a non-working condition and trying to put it together. Previous owner seems to have made some changes. Thank you!
Put up a pic of what you have, it may not be as "rigged" as you think it is...

Thanks, here are the pics. A black wire attached to the choke on one side, and a silver loop link on the throttle on the other side. Doesn't seem right?

Attachments

• 20181218_093719.jpg
    20181218_093719.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 20181218_093646.jpg
    20181218_093646.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 13
I just figured it out. The link and wire should definitely not be there. Previous owner installed the shroud on top of the air filter housing, instead of the other way around, and the throttle and choke linkages would not connect properly. Removed the sliver link and wire, and attached the shroud and air filter housing correctly and the linkages all work. Now on to try to get it started. Thanks for the fast response HarleyT.

I am trying to get this tool to run properly and have found different information about the standard settings for the H and L screws. varies anywhere from 1 turn out to 1-1/2., and no information for a starting point for the LA screw. Can anyone help with the correct standard settings?

LA starts out as turn in until it contacts the metal tang on the lever, then one turn in to just crack the butterfly open for idle. Start the engine and tune in from there, means set the idle til the engine will run steady but not rev to the heavens. As usual the L and H will need to be adjusted to allow for easy starting, ease of spooling up and WOT- RPM.

Has anyone got pdfs of the service manuals for a Stihl 08S and TS350? If so could you PM me? - Sometime I'd like to get one of the very plentiful dead TS350s off ebay, rebuild it and convert it to a chainsaw... Just the oil pump, side cover and air filter are different right?
Harry

I've got a ts350 that has the plating wore on the intake side. It's complete. You can have it for free, if you pay shipping. If you dont want the cutter head and handle, it would ship really cheap.

20181220_101206.jpg 20181220_101218.jpg

LA starts out as turn in until it contacts the metal tang on the lever, then one turn in to just crack the butterfly open for idle. Start the engine and tune in from there, means set the idle til the engine will run steady but not rev to the heavens. As usual the L and H will need to be adjusted to allow for easy starting, ease of spooling up and WOT- RPM.

Thank you, that is very helpful.
What about the H and L screws? The owner's manual says to turn the L screw clockwise till it seats, and back it off 1/4 turn. The H screw to turn counterclockwise until it stops, and then back it off 1/4 turn. Other sources say something else. Which is the correct setting to start with ?

Thank you, that is very helpful.
What about the H and L screws? The owner's manual says to turn the L screw clockwise till it seats, and back it off 1/4 turn. The H screw to turn counterclockwise until it stops, and then back it off 1/4 turn. Other sources say something else. Which is the correct setting to start with ?

Never go by those stated settings, they might be a reference point for starting an engine up but the engine and carb condition will determine where the L and H settings are correct. I don`t remember any Tillotson HL running well at 1/4 turn out, most ran best at a 3/4 to one full turn out and adjusted from there to give a good idle, quick spool up and a WOT of about 8,500 for a cut off saw or up to 10,000 for a chainsaw.

Latest posts

Back