TSC Bar & Chain Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exchange rate

I agree with you. I bought some Bar and Chain Oil at TSC in May or June, and paid $6.99 CND. Today I bought some more Bar and Chain Oil at TSC, and Paid $8.99 CND for it. It Jumped $2.00 CND in price.

Bruce isnt that like $3.00 Usd jump in price in todays monatary exchange rate.
I just bought 8 gallons at $6.99 USD that would be like $4.00 CSD wouldnt it?
It is sad i can remember in 2002 buying lumber in canada to save $$$ on my polebarn. At the time if you spent $1.00 Usd you got $1.58 Csd it saved alot of money. Now the canadians come here to shop, because it is cheaper...Exchange rate.

Bruce isnt that like $3.00 Usd jump in price in today's monetary exchange rate.
I just bought 8 gallons at $6.99 USD that would be like $4.00 CSD wouldn't it?
It is sad i can remember in 2002 buying lumber in canada to save $$$ on my pole barn. At the time if you spent $1.00 Usd you got $1.58 Csd it saved a lot of money. Now the canadians come here to shop, because it is cheaper...Exchange rate.
The USD is still a little Higher than the Canadian Dollar, but not by much. $1.00 US is equivalent to $1.04 to $1.08 CND. Up here we have to buy our Oils in Liters. 4 Liters is the biggest I can buy of Bar Oil, is what I bought today. This is equivalent to 3.7854 US Gallons at $8.99 Canadian. Works out to $2.38 CND Per US Gallon
8 US Gallons for $6.99 US works out to $1.15 USD. Next time I need Bar Oil, I'll send you the Money + Shipping, and I'll save Money. Bruce.

The USD is still a little Higher than the Canadian Dollar, but not by much. $1.00 US is equivalent to $1.04 to $1.08 CND. Up here we have to buy our Oils in Liters. 4 Liters is the biggest I can buy of Bar Oil, is what I bought today. This is equivalent to 3.7854 US Gallons at $8.99 Canadian. Works out to $2.38 CND Per US Gallon
8 US Gallons for $6.99 US works out to $1.15 USD. Next time I need Bar Oil, I'll send you the Money + Shipping, and I'll save Money. Bruce.

I was talking to a friend of mine today, and he told me that roughly the Exchange Rate for One Canadian Dollar is equal to $0.94 to $0.96 US. Bruce.

I just went to my local Wally World today and bought 2 gal. of the Poulan for $5.17 a gal. It seems OK to me. I don't know how it compares to the expensive stuff because I'm too cheap to buy the expensive stuff.

8 US gallons for $6.99 US will work out to ~$.87 US per gallon.

Still a lot cheaper down there in the States, than up here in Canada. 3.78 US Gallons is $8.99 CND. $1.00 CND is close to $0.92to $0.96 US. Bruce
Sorry. But 8 Gallons Divided By $6.99 = $1.1444921 per Gallon Rounded Off = $1.15 per Gallon. Not $0.87 per gallon.

I was reading in another thread, and someone was commenting on Tractor Supply's brand of Bar and Chain Oil... Anyone NOT like this stuff? How does it compare to Stihl oil? It's on sale for $6.99. I was at the Stihl dealer yesterday, and they wanted $13.99/gal.

For $6.99, I might just buy a couple of cases, if it compares at all to Stihl oil.

While I'm at it, anyone have any other favorite less expensive oil?

I like the TSC stuff. Seems to be better than the Husqvarna oil when it's hot.

My $0.02

Bruce, better check your math, 4 liters is just over 1 US gallon, 3.7... liters = 1 gallon.

I have tried the Poulan and thought it was pretty thin. Husquavarna oil had a very strong sulphur smell, probably better for lubrication. I used the TSC brand for years and have no complaints but then I am only a firewood cutter so my bars and chains last years anyway.

Currently I have been buying "Do-It" hardware brand since it is available at the local lumberyard/hardware store and I just charge it. Wife pays the bill each month (just like Menards for the parts washer and Kwik Trip for gasoline).

Mark

Sorry. But 8 Gallons Divided By $6.99 = $1.1444921 per Gallon Rounded Off = $1.15 per Gallon. Not $0.87 per gallon.

Think again. You're going backassered. You say $1.15 per gallon, right? Well then, take your 8 gallons and multiply by $1.15. You'll get $9.20--not $6.99, so common sense should rule out the $1.15.

I won't explain how to do 4th grade math to you, so hopefully you can discern your error.

Now, check mine. Take your 8 gallons and multiply by $.87. You'll get $6.96, $.03 off since I rounded.

Last edited:
Bruce, you are figuring gallons per dollar.

Divide $6.99 by 8 gallons, not 8 gallons by $6.99.

Last edited:
Bruce, better check your math, 4 liters is just over 1 US gallon, 3.7... liters = 1 gallon.

I have tried the Poulan and thought it was pretty thin. Husquavarna oil had a very strong sulphur smell, probably better for lubrication. I used the TSC brand for years and have no complaints but then I am only a firewood cutter so my bars and chains last years anyway.

Currently I have been buying "Do-It" hardware brand since it is available at the local lumberyard/hardware store and I just charge it. Wife pays the bill each month (just like Menards for the parts washer and Kwik Trip for gasoline).

Mark

Mark
Sorry your right. I got my Conversion Numbers Cross Threaded. 1 US Gallon = 3.78 Liters. Now I got my Conversion Numbers Threaded properly. Bruce

What is the Brand of Bar Oil does TSC carry down there in the States? Up here in Canada, the Brand of Bar and Chain Oil TSC carries is Performance Plus.
If it is Performance Plus down there in the States as well, I like it. Been using it here for quite a few years. Have had no complaints with it. :clap:
Thanks. Bruce.

Latest posts

Back