tudi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudisplace

Reaction score
I have a stihl 0340AV super chainsaw-- it will not start-- it has plenty of spark, but won't start-- could someone please tell me the problem/ and how to solve it. thank you for your help

Wow. There's so little to go on. Perhaps the first thing is to tell your method of starting the saw. There really are people that don't understand this and you're probably not one of them, but tell us anyway.

Once we've got the starting technique taken care of (choke on until it tries to fire, then choke off) is the spark plug wet?

If the plug's wet, turn it upside down and crank it over with the plug out and see if anything pours out.

If the plug's dry, put in 1/2 teaspoon of mix and see if it fires.

034av super stilhl chainsaw

Yes, I do know how to start it== found a fuel line hose with hole in it-- could this be the problem-- am replacing it-- thank you for any other suggestions-- I have other stihl saws and I start them-- again thank you-- tudi

Yes, I do know how to start it== found a fuel line hose with hole in it-- could this be the problem-- am replacing it-- thank you for any other suggestions-- I have other stihl saws and I start them-- again thank you-- tudi

Bingo! Looks like you have the problem well in hand. Other members have reported numerous problems with ethanol in gasoline (E10) causing failure of fuel and impulse lines.

BTW--Welcome to the site!

Back