Tw5 or built rite11hpws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froghollar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well the Checks in the mail,soon to be a thousandare.Ive narrowed to Timberwolf or Built rite.both compairable in my eyes.tw5 with log lift,table grate Aprox $7295 +- Built rite 11hpws $7135. I understood the tw5 fc only can handle 4 way,where the price Quoted for Bilt rite is with a 6 way,log lift probably without table that I can make.Timberwolf offered free table grate $500 value at logging show.Both same distance from me.Whats the better machine and why??Looking at fast cycle in both as most my wood will be split at 16''.I dont think you could go wrong with either.Whats your choice and why?? Thanks

I know some (well ok a lot) of guys will disargee but take a look at the american AM-26HW. I'm sure that it is less than the TW-5 with the same specs.

I'm not saying the TW-5 is a bad splitter but 7.3K is a lot.
logsplitteram26hw.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure to compare cycle times. When doing it for a living cycle time is the key. Having said that is the increase in cycle time on the TW-5FC worth the $$ over a regular TW-5?

Whatever you choose, you NEED a conveyor, or the bells and whistles and cycle times get eaten up moving wood, not splitting it.

that is what i thought about the American splitter when i saw it for the frist time.

everything i complained about using other splitters (like Huskee) is different.it's the way i would have built the perfect splitter.now i don't have to.LOL

"7.3K is a lot"

That's a No :censored:tter! I love to look at them Timberwolfs and watch them work at the Bunyan show but WOW! what an expensive toy. How do they sell so many to homeowners is way beyond me. Boys and their toys I guess:confused: An HD splitter not mentioned here much is the Rayco made in Wooster OH. Have heard they are also less than a TW and the quality is definately there.

I made the plunge and purchased a rayco splitter 2 months ago. It can do everything the tw5 can do. The price i paid was 5800 plus tax. You should really check them out before making the investment.

I made the plunge and purchased a rayco splitter 2 months ago. It can do everything the tw5 can do. The price i paid was 5800 plus tax. You should really check them out before making the investment.

$5800 is not bad at all. Looks very nice. I like the auto cycle valve. I have never used one but it looks like somthing that you could get use to.

Here is the link BTW: http://www.raycomfg.com/ls2526solo.htm
LS2526.gif

Wow again .shipping will kill the deal, wife supports a tw5 and 361, Great wife, great splitter.timberwolf in Vt is only 40- 50 miles away.The tw5 fast cycle and regular tw5 same price.Timberwolf will sell directly with me,also DON promised me somthing for nothing, at the show it was the table grate.Got a ck for $12900.00 another ck for 2000 + coming yet and I have 8-10 ,000 more selling my landscape Equipment.Ill show pictures of the fastest growing wood pile when it arrives.Wanted the fast cycle wife talked me out of it .25 tons 10 second cycle is what Im getting.WOOOWOOOO!

not really.

Us OWB people almost need to have a full commercial set up.:monkey: :chainsaw:

split logs seem to burn too fast unless you have something like a Garn.if you're splitting wood up like for a wood stove i think you are wasting a lot of time,money,and gas.my buddy has a CB and seems to do fine with a 22 ton Huskee.actually he says if you just cut the log into discs it works the best.no splitter needed.

split logs seem to burn too fast unless you have something like a Garn.if you're splitting wood up like for a wood stove i think you are wasting a lot of time,money,and gas.my buddy has a CB and seems to do fine with a 22 ton Huskee.actually he says if you just cut the log into discs it works the best.no splitter needed.

I have the next to smallest CB so my fire box is not that big. Splitting it down helps me to fill the fire box all the way. I also have a tree service that brings over 24-40'' rounds so one way or the other they will need cut down. :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back