Two Stihl 090's at auction in WA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These 2 saws sold for $930.00 plus 10% buyers premium and .085 tax.
Just came across a BRAND NEW 090 and although I haven't seen it yet I am still curious as to what I should offer for this saw. Don't know anything about it other than it has about an hour cutting on it. Any guesses on a price range?

Those two look and sound rough to me. I think he overpaid. A new 090AV will bring considerably more that the one without the AV’s. I don’t know what a “new” one is worth but I have about 2K in each of mine and they are both “close” to being new.

Not sure what year they stopped making the 090’s but this would have been one of the later ones. My local dealer brought it from a customer for 2k Australian dollars. I know @rogue60 has some, you may know the answer to the years they stopped making them mate? I’d hazard a guess and say 80’s? D47D735D-1BDB-435D-A28A-A63F9D0FCA0D.jpeg

Not sure what year they stopped making the 090’s but this would have been one of the later ones. My local dealer brought it from a customer for 2k Australian dollars. I know @rogue60 has some, you may know the answer to the years they stopped making them mate? I’d hazard a guess and say 80’s? View attachment 1099327
The AV models like that one is much nicer to run over the older non AV saws, the older non AV saws are real bone shakers, white finger vibrators, they became popular as milling saws and the price for one has steadily increased. I bought my first one for a little over $500. , three years later they were bringing over $1000. Today I have seen them selling for $2000. They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them, someone wanting to do some portable in the bush milling will think the saws are worth a higher price.

Thanks guys for the info. He said his grandfather gave him the saw but he looked young enough that even I could be his grandpop which gives me hope that it's an AV model and he said his grandpop was a faller so with any luck it will be full wrap too. AND, he said he would prefer a trade of my cutting skills for his saw. My knees are so bad that I can't production cut until I get knee replacements (first one in October) but if that saw really is brand new then maybe I'll have to let go of some of my "heavy duty" pain killers, do his work and score a really cool saw. I used to fall the really big stuff with a non-AV 090 back in the 70's and 80's. Absolute torture on the hands but it was usually just used on big timber on steep ground with a 60" or 72" bar to reach around to the far side. On a big tree the far side was frequently over 10' from the ground. Bucked most trees with a smaller AV saw.

If it really is new though then I don't much care what version it is. Oooo, I hope, I hope, I hope.

Latest posts

Back