• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell UHMW polyethylene chainsaw scabbards - $45 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
Reaction score
24x4.5x1/4" inside 24x6.5x13/16 outside

These will take a 3/8" chain without too much resistance, but it doesn't flop around either. Real nice feel to them when you stick your saw in it and pull it out. Perfect for mounting to your tractor, atv, trailer, what have you. UHMW is super slippery and tough, is used in cutting boards, doesn't absorb water, and is chemical resistant so these should hold up to years of abuse. It's also rated to handle heat in excess of 300F without losing any of its strength - you don't need to worry about how hot your teeth are when you put your saw away.

Shown with crappy hardware - I'll be getting grade 5 fasteners and washers tomorrow.

2015-06-27%2000.54.11_2.jpg

I've put a 24" Total Super Bar with 3/8" Oregon LGX in and it too slides nicely with a little resistance. The saw shown is a 16" 357xp. Unfortunately, my big saws aren't here so I can't do photos with them. Sorry!

$45 shipped via Square CC payment. PM email address and I'll send you an invoice, you pay the invoice and I send you a sleeve.

I can make these fit wider bars (more than 4.5" tooth to tooth), but I only have the 1/4" thick material so I can't make it fit thicker chain (I'm not sure how Stihl chains compare kerf wise to the Oregon). PM me if you need a different size and we can figure it out. I can go up to 48" long if needed as well.

Latest posts

Back