UK Stumpers are you busy???????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but this is the quietest year I have had since starting. Just ringing around today to all my trade clients, tree people, landscapers, driveways etc..... they are all dead and laying people off. Is there something the government is not telling us or is it just my area?:cry: I purchased a new 352 6 weeks ago and it's done 46 hours.

I am busy....but everyone is dead really...this goverment sucks big time.....union mentality.............we are in for a hard few years boys....a hard few years....

Where not doing too bad at the moment but i know that alot of the local companies are struggling.We are a tree surgery conmpany and have only just recently started doing stumps.
If the tree fellas aint doing too good then it will surely be passed down the the stumpy guys:(
This is probably the worst year that i know of(10 years experience) although this time last year was poor too.

Lets hope for some better weather which will get people out into the garden:D

stevieb said:
I don't know about you guys but this is the quietest year I have had since starting. Just ringing around today to all my trade clients, tree people, landscapers, driveways etc..... they are all dead and laying people off. Is there something the government is not telling us or is it just my area?:cry: I purchased a new 352 6 weeks ago and it's done 46 hours.

i have had my 352 a year and its done (with me) 80ish hours...i think you might have shot your bolt me old love.......Me i take it steady, think of the long haul....its not too bad here, nothing in for next week though.....everyone says its quiet..

Still really quite and the work I'm doing last year I would not have looked at. I have even been doing tree work which for me in my books is a failure but its work. Taking stumps out as you know you do work for a lot of different trades and if they ain't got no work then what can I do. I'm postal mailing, emailing even sending text messages, posting leaflets through post boxes when I see stumps. I blame all the spending over the last couple of years people are just putting things off.

Latest posts

Back