Ultrasonic Cleaner Solution

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riftweaver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have noticed some of you have been using ultrasonic cleaners for carb cleaning amongst other things. What kind of solution makeup do you use for your cleaners?

I use mine for things other than carb cleaning so far. I had been using a couple drops of dawn with some lemishine mixed into the water.

I have a carb I want to overhaul and would like to hear your suggestions.

Thanks.

Rift

Gas put the varnish and deposits in the carb ...it will remove it. I suspend a jar from the top of the U/S,put the carb parts in the jar,fill the jar w/ raw gas and fill the U/S with water. Plug it in outside and run about 15-20 minutes. Works every time. Just cleaned a lousy running 017 carb yesterday..made all the difference in the world. Just put the old kit back in it.

Thanks for the info. I searched for ultrasonic, not ultra sonic. That is why I didn't find the thread.

Just so it's said here.... That's a huge no no to use any flammable liquids. It can still light up in a separate container suspended in water.

I use a cup of degreaser to 2 gallons of water and it takes everything off.

Gas put the varnish and deposits in the carb ...it will remove it. I suspend a jar from the top of the U/S,put the carb parts in the jar,fill the jar w/ raw gas and fill the U/S with water. Plug it in outside and run about 15-20 minutes. Works every time. Just cleaned a lousy running 017 carb yesterday..made all the difference in the world. Just put the old kit back in it.
Definitely not something I would recommend. Stick with non flammable liquids for cleaning duty especially in something that is heated to over 100 degrees and in some cases over 150

Simple green or most anything that is mildly basic/alkiline in PH. Don't use a real strong base it will attack the carb. The same goes for acids, go mild like vinager.

Most soaps are bases.

The ultra sonic cleaner is what does the work. The liquid acts as the surfactant floating off the crud.

Better living thru chemicals!!!! err, i mean chemistry.

simple green ,dawn and some of that stuff that prevents water spotting on glass in dishwashers. a good rinse/run in the u/s after.

The cavitation of the fluid in the sonics also creates heat. Also why any flammmable material in a us tank is no bueno.

Great info guys! I have the stuff I need right here. I just need to change up my formula a bit for carbs.

Strong cleaners, PH wise can oxidize the aluminum if left/run very long. Heat also acceralates the solutions strength.

If you get oxidation/turning black in a solution try a solution with the opposite PH to remove it.

I have at long last found and purchased a gal of Simple Green. So can any of you give me a formula of amounts to use in ultra sonic cleaner? I have looked high and low through most all the threads on UC cleaners etc and have not seen a mix ratio or recipe. Thanks for all your help.

For cleaning carbs. I just dump a few ounces in . It doesn't take much .

I have always used 50/50 mix of white cider vinegar and water. (my US has a heater) and I usually run the carb for 15 min then low pressure air and back to the US. I have used straight vinegar. Cheap and readily available.

If the carb is severely corroded and pitted in the aluminum pot metal bowl area and has the white powder I use a dremel tool and small brush to remove the white powder buildup during the US tag wire the small holes or torch tip cleaners and back to the US.

I have looked high and low through most all the threads on UC cleaners etc and have not seen a mix ratio or recipe. Thanks for all your help.

I fill the ultrasonic with water about 2/3 to 3/4 full and turn it on. Then I slowly pour in my preferred cleaner, listening for a change in the sound from the unit. I can clearly hear the unit change from a low muffled buzzing sound to a very metallic rattly sound as soon as I have enough cleaner in the tank. My unit is an older medical commercial unit with a metal housing. The cheaper plastic housed units may not give you the same results.

Latest posts

Back