Unflood A Chainsaw In 10 Seconds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
011 AV maybe. Not sure what it is about Stihl 2 cycle back blowers, but I get one every couple of weeks that is locked up with fuel. Always the 2 cycles, not 4 Mix.
I had a BR450 actually running and blowing raw fuel out the muffler about three feet!

They are a little easier than a chainsaw because you can lock them wide open rather than trying to hold the trigger with one hand while starting the saw and not cut yourself. So, you take the bar and chain off, or I do anyway.

011 AV maybe. Not sure what it is about Stihl 2 cycle back blowers, but I get one every couple of weeks that is locked up with fuel. Always the 2 cycles, not 4 Mix.
I had a BR450 actually running and blowing raw fuel out the muffler about three feet!

They are a little easier than a chainsaw because you can lock them wide open rather than trying to hold the trigger with one hand while starting the saw and not cut yourself. So, you take the bar and chain off, or I do anyway.
Zip ties

Yep, I agree with all the comments above, it’s not routed correctly, needs a boot, the choke doesn’t work, the oiler doesn’t work, I think it has an air leak somewhere. Lots of issues I need to fix, it’s one I’m doing for the owner of my local stihl shop, just grabbed it out of the shed for this short video. Thanks for watching and sharing your thoughts.

Not too many saws that you can hold still with one hand on the rear handle holding the throttle open, Can't even drop start them this way unless you have an arm like Bucking Billy Ray or have a saw with a long bar that lets you rest the tip on a stump while pulling the cord.
Yes large engines pull the plug.

So how many people don’t know that usually the easiest way to clear a flooded saw is to pull it over while holding the throttle open? Works with both standard carbs and Autotune Or Mtronic. Takes a little practice to master the technique (having three hands would help) but works 90% of the time.

Latest posts

Back