Update. 10.5+ cords outa 1 tree and counting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There used to be monsters like that where I lived in MT. You could always see where the old homesteads were because the trees would be planted in squares or rectangles. It must take a long time to dull up a chain on that wood.

Dunno where the OP is, but this is Cody, WY. Not enough trees to be picky out there.

attachment.php

View attachment 210893

I am about 90 miles SE of Cody, looks pretty much like your pic. Kepp in mind that most of those trees in yer pic were planted by people. If you look closely in the background you can see the bad lands, nothing grows there but sagebrush and cactus and it can go for 50 miles or more. The only trees will be along the rivers and in the mountains.

I am about 90 miles SE of Cody, looks pretty much like your pic. Kepp in mind that most of those trees in yer pic were planted by people. If you look closely in the background you can see the bad lands, nothing grows there but sagebrush and cactus and it can go for 50 miles or more. The only trees will be along the rivers and in the mountains.

If you think about it, years ago they didn't have a lot of trees out there so the people burned a lot of corn cobs and dung for heat. Here in the Midwest, we take a lot for granted. We have friends who lives out there and they almost cried when he saw our wood pile of all oak. They buy wood pellets buy the truck load. If you take off the bark from the cottonwood. It dries up nice. I burned a lot of it last year becasue it was free and easy to get to. Hate to burn up that wood in a brush pile. I like the free BTU's Sure beats buring pallets.

Nice Pics!! Thanks!

I whittled another cord off the beast today, that will make a SOLID 13 cords and still counting. There is one full left in the chunk of stump that is down and ??? left in the trunk that is standing, see the picture and take a guess. I will have to leave this on for a while as I have another one that is just about the same size down from a wind storm last summer that I have to get out of a canal before spring.

Latest posts

Back