Update on where we are with porting AT/M-tronic saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilarch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory I guess. I'm looking at 70cc class saws and a nagging question is whether to go techno or stay old(ish) school. At first we knew they took to muffler mods very well but the jury was out on woods porting. I've ran across one 576AT here in a sig that has been ported but have no details. (Was it just a "clean up" porting or on the aggressive side of what can still be called a work saw?)

So where are we on porting the new stuff? (While keeping all the original electro-hardware...no retrofitting.)

What happened to that video about the Husky AT software and USB plug in jazz?

there are a few of us woods porting the auto tune/m tronic saws. there has been a lot of success so far.

I'm not fishing for any "trade secrets" but I do want to clarify. Assuming I don't go aggressive on the porting I can use all the information that's already out there. Essentially port it as if it where traditionally carbed. Correct?

I'm not fishing for any "trade secrets" but I do want to clarify. Assuming I don't go aggressive on the porting I can use all the information that's already out there. Essentially port it as if it where traditionally carbed. Correct?

Well you must consider that the MS441, 576XP, and 562XP are all strato saws. They port different than the "normal" saws even without the AT and M-tronic setups.

I've done threads on all three of these saws with all the timing numbers, compression figures, etc on AS so the info is readily available. If you have any questions that I can help you with just call, PM, or post up. I have no "trade secrets"... :msp_thumbup:

Randy you are a hot #### to mentor a guy wanting to tackle a port job. This is on heck of a website! Russ

Just curious Randy, but of those you mentioned (and I'd throw the 372 X-Torq in there too), which has seen the most increase via porting?

I've not done a 372XT yet. My friend Wiggs has though and was very impressed by the gains on that saw.

The saw that I have been most impressed with is the 562XP for overall useability, but the most gains would have to go to the 441 M-tronic.

I've not done a 372XT yet. My friend Wiggs has though and was very impressed by the gains on that saw.

The saw that I have been most impressed with is the 562XP for overall useability, but the most gains would have to go to the 441 M-tronic.

Thanks Randy, I appreciate the input. Luv my 441C-M, seems to get stronger the more tanks I get thru it.

Latest posts

Back