• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Upper Butterfly and Screw Poulan PR5020 Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Yellow Streak~

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Foothills of the Smokies TN... VOL Country
Hoping somebody might have a carb off a Poulan PR5020 or PP5020 laying around they don't mind parting.
i mentioned to the lady prez at my bank that I tinkered with chainsaws and she asked me to look at hers.
She didn't want to pay the $130 a shop quoted. I don't see anything wrong with the saw other the missing butterfly. (Hmmm)
It appears to be a 16mm throat.
I checked the cylinder and took the muffler off. No sign of the butterfly or screw.
Piston and cylinder look OK.
I am gonna give her a copy of the manual if she doesn't have one and tell her to follow the maintenance.
The filter has a split and a hole. I have a good used one to mount on the saw.
(I sure ain't gonna try to flush the crankcase LOL) I will, of course, clean the carb box.

I'm hoping I can get it running without a new carb or rebuild.
Hopefully ethanol gas hasn't been sittin on the carb diaphragms too long.
"Knockin On Wood"

Don't know if the oiler is even working !

Anybody have these parts? PM me. Thanks
It may be a while before I respond Busy, Busy :)

Well, after research I see that it is the "Air Valve" butterfly that I need.
Off of part #545174401

Attachments

• 20220429_160359.jpg
    20220429_160359.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes, I checked around for prices on the valve. Thing is, $26 to $30 for the valve... then it might have to have the carb replaced or rebuilt. No telling what else might show up. At least it has fire.

I contemplated just pluggin the air valve throat with something and seein if it'll start.
I have some vinyl pipe caps that would probly fit. Cut some rectangles out on each side so it'd
go in snug over the shaft. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back