Urgent Help Rayco RC12 Clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually the local auto electrician that is in contact with the Rayco Australia technician.

I've just received another eBay message from the seller, refusing to pay for anything other than a $120.00 for one of the modified safety switches.

I've just had a call from the auto electrician, he said a control panel is $1400.00 out of the US, and a replacement computer is $800.00 I'm Australia.

Unfortunately, they are not sure if it is one or the other that is the problem.

It's actually the local auto electrician that is in contact with the Rayco Australia technician.

I've just received another eBay message from the seller, refusing to pay for anything other than a $120.00 for one of the modified safety switches.

I've just had a call from the auto electrician, he said a control panel is $1400.00 out of the US, and a replacement computer is $800.00 I'm Australia.

Unfortunately, they are not sure if it is one or the other that is the problem.
There should be a way to by pass one or the other with a hot jumper.

It was bought out of state, I live in Queensland, the machine was shipped to me from New South Wales.

Rayco Aus have been great help, but they've been working from a schematic of an earlier machine..Unfortunately that machine and my machine have some differences in the way they are wired. We were hoping to send the computer and control panel down to them so they could do the relevant tests on their stock machines, but they are John Deere powered and mine is a CAT.

It was bought out of state, I live in Queensland, the machine was shipped to me from New South Wales.

Rayco Aus have been great help, but they've been working from a schematic of an earlier machine..Unfortunately that machine and my machine have some differences in the way they are wired. We were hoping to send the computer and control panel down to them so they could do the relevant tests on their stock machines, but they are John Deere powered and mine is a CAT.
Keep after it.

I'm going to have to now. I wish they knew how to bypass it, at least then I could get the machine out and working while new parts were being ordered.
I purchased the machine on the 28/1/2015, paid for the machine and freight in full by bank transfer on the 29/1/2015 and due to the faults, have yet to put the machine in to service.

These problems can be extremely hard to track down do to the computer. This is true with any computer controlled system. Sometimes it's just a bad wire in the mix that can effect the computer
or control panel. Before you replace anything else go through all the wiring and check them individually for resistance. You may be able to send the control and computer back the the manufacture for testing but I'm not sure about that. The clutch just need a upgrade. Try disconnecting to auto feed system at the solenoid while you disconnect the alternator feed.
Why your guy replace the alternator when that is the easiest thing to check is beyond me.

Hi Trisstateforestryequipment.
Unfortunately we live in a small town in the "Outback" of Australia, so the knowledge of these machines is limited at best.

What we have been doing is corresponding with Rayco Aust. to try and find a solution to the problem. I understand completely what you're saying though, if I had someone within 2500kms that were able to replace the clutch with a manual unit, I'd be all over it.

I've now removed the machine from the original Auto Electricians, after spending just over $3300.00 on parts and labour to only be back at square one. The machine is now at another Auto Electricians...Let's have our fingers crossed that they can nut out this problem.

i don't know what you guys refer to a educated diesel mechanic out back, but i would not have the machine at a electrician. its not a electrical issue. its probably a issue inside the pto. contact rayco and ask them how much for a manual replacement pto

I received a call from the auto electricians today, they have dismantled the computer and found that it was badly corroded, I suspect water damage? Anyway, they can't guarantee that's the problem, but I'll order a new computer tomorrow and hopefully have the problem solved.

Update. On Wednesday I ordered the new computer from Rayco Aust. and had it shipped overnight. On Thursday the new auto electricians fitted the computer, did some final checks, fired the machine up and away it went. Problem fixed. Thank you to everyone that replied.

Hi Joe,
You're not wrong. When they pulled the computer out, you could see where the chips/cards (I have no idea) had arced and left "blue smoke". Imagine the time and money saved if I'd taken the machine to them first.

Michael.

Latest posts

Back