USDA Forest Service Officer shot and killed while on duty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is nothing out of the ordinary. guys are killing each other every day out east during deer season......

thats why they have restricted deer killing back east to muzzle, bow, or shot gun slug...............

Dumb asses get too sauced & go thinking the guy walking through the woods is a 14 pt buck..

Stupid mindless drunks. . . .

They give mindfull drunks a bad name..

that is nothing out of the ordinary. guys are killing each other every day out east during deer season......

thats why they have restricted deer killing back east to muzzle, bow, or shot gun slug...............

Dumb asses get too sauced & go thinking the guy walking through the woods is a 14 pt buck..

Mindfull drunks. Funny **** Maynard. What unit do you want to put in for deer? I have never shot a mulie, all blacktails....I'm thinking down in the SE corner of the state. Nice country around the Owyhee area. Rugged as hell! I got an extra rifle too. Not sure if I'm gonna have time to go archery for elk or not, at home with our big fat, Roosevelts.

YEAH:cheers::cheers:

This is very strange, but sometimes it happens. A guy in Wisconsin shot a woman walking her dog years back. He said he saw a deer walking behind some brush piles and figured when it came out the other side he'd shoot. The woman walking her dog further back in the same direction and as soon as she came out he shot. There was a deer there say 50 yds and a woman 75 yds in the same direction. I think this is how the story went. Very sad. Also, I don't know why the warden was out there sneaking up on yote hunters. How restrictive can yote hunting possibly be that he had to sneak up on them. Not like they were spearing spawning sturgeon or netting muskies. I had a warden sneak up on me while bow hunting right at closing, seeing something in the brush, surely it was a deer I stayed put. Why get down from your bow stand and spook deer? After a few minutes after closing he runs up to give me a ticket for "hunting after hours" You see some wardens don't want the law enforced, they just want to give out tickets and bother people cause some think we are guilty until we prove we are not. I have proved my innocents and they have walked away with a grudge cause they "couldn't prove I was up to something".Maybe with all their policies they should have one more. Walk up to hunters and make sure they are in compliance, if they are not, give them a ticket or reminder, if they are in compliance the warden should have respect and be on their way. This big brother is watching has gone way to far. If they want respectful hunters they need to lead by example. Want hunters to obey? Show them a little trust, until they get caught.

Interesting comment made on that article:

User Image
coyotemaster wrote:
I am an owner of night vision equipment and I hunt coyotes at night. My son and I did an experiment last night. He went down range with my night vision goggles and looked at him with my night vision scope. When I turned on the infrared illuminator and looked at him, the googles lit up like a coyotes eyes. It literally gave me chill bumps. If this agent was on his hands and knees as reported, I can see how anyone could make this mistake. This is generation 3 military grade night vision, not cheap junk. These hunters were calling coyotes, they were expecting a predator to come to their position. When this officer approached them on his hands and knees, as reported, he looked to be the same height as a coyote. It was a terrible tradgedy and ACCIDENT,not murder or manslaughter. God be with both families.

I didn't see anything in the article about the officer crawling, so it looks like there are other articles out there.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "mindful" drunk. Getting drunk is a mindless thing to do.

IF YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT YOUR SHOOTING AT DON'T SHOOT!! if you pull the trigger YOU ARE responsible for what ever you hit. anything short of this is BULL####!!

Read the comments below the article.........one coyote hunter did a test with his night vision equipment with his son and said it looked exactly like a coyote's eyes.

I agree that you should never pull a trigger w/o knowing for sure what you are shooting at..........but if you are night hunting, unless the moon is out you are probably many times only looking at eyes.

I think this whole deal is tragic, but I believe it is possible that the shooter did not purposely kill the ranger. JMHO.

Waylan

Read the comments below the article.........one coyote hunter did a test with his night vision equipment with his son and said it looked exactly like a coyote's eyes.

I agree that you should never pull a trigger w/o knowing for sure what you are shooting at..........but if you are night hunting, unless the moon is out you are probably many times only looking at eyes.

I think this whole deal is tragic, but I believe it is possible that the shooter did not purposely kill the ranger. JMHO.

Waylan

betting they will get some safety clothing for night time now be hard to claim its a coyote if they are wearing a lite or a glowstick or something.

Last edited:
Back