Used Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drogueman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got my Bailys chain and bar in the mail a few days ago and finally got a chance to install it and try it out. I bought the saw used and it had a 16 inch bar and chain and it was plum worn out. I decided to go with an 18 inch bar since I herd these Husky's have so much power. It is a model 44 and no idea what year but anyway it is my first Husky. I got the chain and bar installed and oiled it up for the break-in and then went out back and fired it up. It has so much compression that when I pulled it it broke loose from my left hand and hit me in the leg,man that hirts. The second pull fired it up and I let it get good and warmed up. I then opened her up and sunk it into a 12inch pine and it went through like butter, never let out a wimpper of struggle. Looks like saw #7 is a winner for $80. Just thought I would share that with you guys.[/B]

What model saw? Which chain? 12" pine might not be much of a test.

Glad you're happy with it, that's what it's all about. What do you see as the saw's primary job? How much work should it see in a year?

Be safe,
Bob

Hay Bump R, thanks for the reply, and I do agree that a 12 inch pine is not much of a test but compared to a few other saws I tested on that pine it did a great job cutting through . It won't get as much use as it should, there isn't much cutting to do here in NJ. I burn would for heat and use to go out every year to the state forest and for $15 you could cut three Toyota loads of wood or two full size Chevy loads. I am much older now (59) and the aches and pains of old injurys keeps me from cutting. I go if I can get some help but this year I was away too much (I am in the military) and had to catch up on outside work. There is always someone who wants a big oak tree taken down and I am in for that. The saw as I said is a model 44 and I put a Carlton Combo chain and bar on it from Baily's ,Item #BCC 18 sj50 01.That model started out in 1979 so I don't know how old it is. Thanks guys for the reply and if I ever get it into some oak I will let you know how it handles it.

drogueman said:
Hay Bump R, thanks for the reply, and I do agree that a 12 inch pine is not much of a test but compared to a few other saws I tested on that pine it did a great job cutting through . It won't get as much use as it should, there isn't much cutting to do here in NJ. I burn would for heat and use to go out every year to the state forest and for $15 you could cut three Toyota loads of wood or two full size Chevy loads. I am much older now (59) and the aches and pains of old injurys keeps me from cutting. I go if I can get some help but this year I was away too much (I am in the military) and had to catch up on outside work. There is always someone who wants a big oak tree taken down and I am in for that. The saw as I said is a model 44 and I put a Carlton Combo chain and bar on it from Baily's ,Item #BCC 18 sj50 01.That model started out in 1979 so I don't know how old it is. Thanks guys for the reply and if I ever get it into some oak I will let you know how it handles it.
Hey nice just got done reeding about it.
Yep 1979, Wonder is that guy named thall could tells us how old that saw is.
LOL. :clap:

husqvarna 44

$80.00 sounds like a bargin to me for any size good running husky saw. glad you got a deal and are happy. and being saw #7, I'm sure it will last you a good while. having many good saws laying around is enough to make any wood cutter happy. good luck with the 44. Rick!

Latest posts

Back