Used Jonsered 2035 Turbo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerBill

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a used chainsaw for occasional homeowner use--mostly after storm clean up. I'd be lucky to saw a half a cord of wood a year. Our local Craigslist has a used Jonsered 2035 turbo for sale. I haven't been able to find much information on this saw on the web. The person selling this saw said it was made before Husky took over Jonsered. Are there any particular weak spots I should look for? Are Jonsereds pretty reliable? Any reason to stay away from this saw? I will be checking compression, ease of starting, etc. Anything else I should check for? What was the time period when these saws were made? Will getting repair parts be a problem? Thanks for any advice/guidance.

Don't do it !! Unless its reeeeealy cheap. Its just a re-badged Poulan ( wild thing, wood shark, etc.). I have one that I put a 42cc piston/cylinder on from a sears 4218 with muffler mod and its OK, but still a wimp. I think this 2035 model was only marketed in Canada.

I'm not sure what the 2035 is. The 2036 shares few parts with a Wild Thing or Wood Shark. It is built by Poulan and is similar to saws like my 2775. The engines and chassis are different from the 42cc saws. Compared to the 42cc the engines are considerably narrower and have separate mounting bolts.

I like my 2775, but it is 46cc. It's a light, narrow and well balanced saw. If the 2035 is similar and in decent shape and you can get it for cheap it might be fun to play with, and could certainly do the work you described for a long time.

EDIT: I was wrong. Apparently the 2035 is not like the 2036, rather it is like the Poulan 2250 family saws (a Wild Thing with A/V). I like them too and have couple of Craftsman versions. It will also do what you want but would not be worth paying much for.

Last edited:
If Barney is right about the 136 husky clone deal... I'd go for it if its 60ish bucks. They are a solid saw with a chrome cylinder and nice power for being lightweight. The only real issue I have been having with this series is crank seals are getting hard in them. I have done two out of the last 5 I had. Roll the saw over while its running to check for odd idle issues and if you find any, expect to change them. They cost all of 4 dollars and the sealer is another 10, but it is a pain the first time you do them. After that.. These saws are a breeze to work on.

Parts are super easy to get for the engine, but I don't know about the body... I'd guess you should be able to use husky parts, but the husky plastic is dif from the poulan equivalent, so I don't know....

Last edited:
I'm looking for a used chainsaw for occasional homeowner use--mostly after storm clean up. I'd be lucky to saw a half a cord of wood a year. Our local Craigslist has a used Jonsered 2035 turbo for sale. I haven't been able to find much information on this saw on the web. The person selling this saw said it was made before Husky took over Jonsered. Are there any particular weak spots I should look for? Are Jonsereds pretty reliable? Any reason to stay away from this saw? I will be checking compression, ease of starting, etc. Anything else I should check for? What was the time period when these saws were made? Will getting repair parts be a problem? Thanks for any advice/guidance.

Here is a link to a PDF with some specs about the saw. It is a 35 cc saw with power roughly equivalent to a Stihl MS 210. Max bar length would be 16" and power rating is right around 2 hp. It has many parts that are interchangeable with the Poulan 36 cc engine and the anti vibe construction is pretty good. The basic design has been around for years. It works well and isn't too expensive, but doesn't carry the brand recognition of some of the other saws. I personally like them and would give you "thumbs up" if it is in good mechanical condition.

http://www.jonsered.com/ddoc/JONO/JONO2002_EUenAPen/JONO2002_EUenAPen__530088158.pdf

Edit: After RE-reading the PDF file, it is a 36 cc saw. Whoops!

Last edited:
If Barney is right about the 136 husky clone deal... I'd go for it if its 60ish bucks. They are a solid saw with a chrome cylinder and nice power for being lightweight. The only real issue I have been having with this series is crank seals are getting hard in them. I have done two out of the last 5 I had. Roll the saw over while its running to check for odd idle issues and if you find any, expect to change them. They cost all of 4 dollars and the sealer is another 10, but it is a pain the first time you do them. After that.. These saws are a breeze to work on.

Parts are super easy to get for the engine, but I don't know about the body... I'd guess you should be able to use husky parts, but the husky plastic is dif from the poulan equivalent, so I don't know....

The rear handle, engine housing and clutch cover are usually interchangeable with the Poulan A/V models. The top cover and recoil were specific to Jonsered.

Back