used motor oil for bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeebus!!! $6 for 12 beers? $15 for 30??? its $15 for 6 here!!! and a carton of 24 is $45-70!!!!!

a gallon of bar oil cost me $38 recently.

i moved across the globe already, maybe its time to move again!!! not sure id get in tho sadly. i hear canada is nice??? (should prompt some comments!)

It's easy to get in as long as you don't do it legally.

jeebus!!! $6 for 12 beers? $15 for 30??? its $15 for 6 here!!! and a carton of 24 is $45-70!!!!!

a gallon of bar oil cost me $38 recently.

i moved across the globe already, maybe its time to move again!!! not sure id get in tho sadly. i hear canada is nice??? (should prompt some comments!)

Canada is nice. Better beer, and the rednecks are more sophisticated:msp_razz:.......But the hockey thing and it snows 9 months of the year:dunno:

hmmmm, canada, snow, ice? motorcycle addiction may suffer. havnt tried a snowmobile yet tho.......they look like dangerous fun!!!

not into hockey but then im not in to team sports anyway!

and i love how they say 'out' and other stuff, really cool accent.

ill be honest, i havnt found many american beers im into. but then again they dont sell many here and i havnt spent a huge amount of time there!

Beer's $20 a dozen here on sale. It only snows 5 months of the year. My igloo up and melted.

Meh.

Canada is nice. Better beer, and the rednecks are more sophisticated:msp_razz:.......But the hockey thing and it snows 9 months of the year:dunno:

The winters are long,but just think of all the wood you have to cut......
Therefore chainsaws,chainsaws,and more chainsaws.
And if you were to live in the Yukon you can cut with them 24 hrs a day now,no darkness

Are there big trees there? All the bigguns are gone from around here mostly. Would like to be able to make some tables n stuff. Tho i do turn firewood and fence posts occasionally!

Are there big trees there? All the bigguns are gone from around here mostly. Would like to be able to make some tables n stuff. Tho i do turn firewood and fence posts occasionally!
Yukoners think there are big trees here.
But when a westcoaster come here all they talk about are the toothpicks growing everywhere;)
Actually there are a few places that have some decent trees,but not many varities.Spruce,pine and popular.Southeast Alaska is only a couple of hours away and the trees are way taller there.
I'v got a few fair sized ones in my house,everyone thinks they came from elswhere,and are suprised that they are all local.
Thomas

The environment doesn't do too well though.

WMO contains cancer causing carcinogens also, so it isn't all that healthy for you either...

Bit of a thread resurrection, but thought I'd add that gasoline, 2 cycle oil and clean bar oil all are known carcinogens. As is the exhaust from the saw. Carcinogens are everywhere. We need to be cautious about clean oil from the can as well as the stinky stuff in the drain pan. Heck, a saw that is spewing out clouds of blue smoke is way more hazardous than you can imagine as the particles are micro-fine and able to get DEEP into your lungs. A bad combination.

Also saw a post about "all the metal chips" in used motor oil... what the heck?? :dizzy: That stuff was just lubing my 50,000 dollar trucks diesel engine! :msp_rolleyes: There may indeed be metals in the oil, but it's measured in parts per million, not visible chunks! If you are seeing chunks of metal in your oil... you have serious issues and need a new motor.

Used motor oil smells, is dirty and stains the saw and your clothes if you get it on you. It is more hazardous to the user and the environment. But regular bar oil is also hazardous to the user and the environment! It may be less hazardous than used motor oil, but it ain't good for you or any other living thing!

hmmmm, canada, snow, ice? motorcycle addiction may suffer. havnt tried a snowmobile yet tho.......they look like dangerous fun!!!

not into hockey but then im not in to team sports anyway!

and i love how they say 'out' and other stuff, really cool accent.

ill be honest, i havnt found many american beers im into. but then again they dont sell many here and i havnt spent a huge amount of time there!

If you get homesick just go to Whistler, lots of Aussies there.

Bit of a thread resurrection, but thought I'd add that gasoline, 2 cycle oil and clean bar oil all are known carcinogens. As is the exhaust from the saw. Carcinogens are everywhere. We need to be cautious about clean oil from the can as well as the stinky stuff in the drain pan. Heck, a saw that is spewing out clouds of blue smoke is way more hazardous than you can imagine as the particles are micro-fine and able to get DEEP into your lungs. A bad combination.

Also saw a post about "all the metal chips" in used motor oil... what the heck?? :dizzy: That stuff was just lubing my 50,000 dollar trucks diesel engine! :msp_rolleyes: There may indeed be metals in the oil, but it's measured in parts per million, not visible chunks! If you are seeing chunks of metal in your oil... you have serious issues and need a new motor.

Used motor oil smells, is dirty and stains the saw and your clothes if you get it on you. It is more hazardous to the user and the environment. But regular bar oil is also hazardous to the user and the environment! It may be less hazardous than used motor oil, but it ain't good for you or any other living thing!

True, which is why running bio-oil would be best.. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back