Used saw value chart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There might be, but I dont know for sure. I go by size, condition, and how common the saw is on the market. if its a common Stihl or Elux saw, it depends on age, condition, and model.

I usually run a search of completed auctions on ebay to get a general idea.
-Ralph

I have never seen or heard of one. It certainly wouldn't hurt some of the people biding on ebay to have one.

Stihl and Husky go really high most of the time on ebay people get back the money they put in to them.

nhawlman said:
For some, bidding on ebay is like gambling,
and they get a high from being high bidder.
Common sense seems to take a back seat.

Happy New Year,
Nevin

Then again......common sense ain't to common!

You could post about a potential purchase here. I wouldn't mind telling you my 0.02 for what it's worth, or what I'd pay for it.

I think ya gotta have an account with ebay to search past auctions....I know they won't let me untill I sign in........

True

Chainsaw Master said:
I think ya gotta have an account with ebay to search past auctions....I know they won't let me untill I sign in........
This is true. You must have a user account to search past closing auctions.

Here is your chart: All prices are for intact and running saw.
Old McCulloch under 40 ccs................-$25
Old McCulloch timber bear............... ....$13
Old Large McCulloch such as a 125........$50 plus $60 shipping
Old McCulloch BP1...............................$1000
Homelite under 3CID.............................$55
Homelite 3 CID or over -pre 1966............$75
Homelite over 4CID post 1970...............$125

Post 1980 Huskies under 60ccs.............$150
Post 1980 Huskies over 60ccs...............$200
Dolmar-Husky prices less 30%except...
......KMS4.........................................$897.53

Stihl-New cost plus 50% ,divided by 4.3 ,multiplied by 2, plus year of manufacture turned into a dollar figure by insertion of a two place decimal point.

Poulan.............HAhahahahahahahahahhahhahahha

E-bay is real hit-or-mis in my experence. I watched it for a while and saw a few good deals go by that I was too slow or indisive to bid on and eventually got a decent deal myself - an 038mganum for $163. It needed some work, but nothing serious.

nhawlman said:
For some, bidding on ebay is like gambling,
and they get a high from being high bidder.
Common sense seems to take a back seat.

Happy New Year,
Nevin

Or, they are actually aware of the true value of that item and are bidding up to it's real worth. I think I'm pretty bright but I'd be a dope to assume that ebay bidders are all a bunch of fools and that I'm smarter then they are.
John...

Latest posts

Back