Used Stove and Tax Credit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if used stoves would qualify for the 30% tax credit? I have a one year old Lopi Answer for sale privately and it would be a nice incentive for the buyer. If it does not, a person would be better off going new or a least would have to buy the used stove at a big discount !

There is NO words that state that the stove must be "new". Just that the stove has to be one that is approved. Make sure a sales receipt goes with it.

(at least that is my understanding of the bill):cheers:

There is NO words that state that the stove must be "new". Just that the stove has to be one that is approved. Make sure a sales receipt goes with it.

(at least that is my understanding of the bill):cheers:

When chatting with one of the owners of Northern Lights in Farmington he told me that it had to be a new unit, but it could be sold personal sale.

When chatting with one of the owners of Northern Lights in Farmington he told me that it had to be a new unit, but it could be sold personal sale.

Not arguing, but I have never seen the words "new stove" or "original owner" or anything that tells me that the unit must be new to qualify. BUT - this could be a learning opportunity for me. I am all ears.

Not arguing, but I have never seen the words "new stove" or "original owner" or anything that tells me that the unit must be new to qualify. BUT - this could be a learning opportunity for me. I am all ears.

Me too, hopefully the guy I talked to was wrong, since I am planning to buy a used boiler soonish.

I know the stove must meet minimum efficiency requirements. Mine was off by 3%. THREE FRICKIN' PERCENT!!!:censored:

Back