Using Tree equipment ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfking42084

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I keep getting calls from former tree customers wanting me to haul mulch or gravel for them in one of my 1-ton dumps. My question is, do you guys ever use your equipment for jobs other than tree work? Maybe a skid steer for grading or moving hay?

using tree equipment

Why not you still have to pay even if you don't have tree work to do. To help get the equipment to pay you need to keep it making $$ on what ever you can where ever you can

Amen, I'm constantly hauling gravel for a certain customer. I've hauled probably 30-35 tons of rock for her and only done her one tree job. whatever makes money

Anytime I can make money while sitting on my equipment, playing is a good thing to me.

Used my skid to help a guy move a small load of dirt all over his yard and spread it out. Quick, easy $100.

Did the same for my neighbor that wanted slag on her driveway like I have on mine. She paid for 2 loads (1 for her, 1 for me) and I spread it out. Basically, I got a load of slag for 1 hour of my time.

We have been doing more none tree work as of late and happy to have the work. Those are hard times in So. Calif. We been doing landscaping, planting rocks with the crane(big rocks), planting trees, spreading mulch. What ever pays the bills. Right.

As long as you are qualified and insured to do work different than tree work and it pays the bills, then why not. Can't sem to find the time for all of the tree work though.

I have done plenty of side work with my yellow iron toys. Grading, excavating, hauling, site work, etc. I loved being the tree guy, but I also loved cashing checks. If you have the gear, and someone wants to pay you to use it, and your OK with the whole setup, then go for it.

My F800 prolly hauled more 3/4" crusher run than chips...

As long as I know I can handle it if a client wants to pay me to do non tree work and i'm not busy I'm all over it. Sometime this week I'm using my bucket to hang transformer and wires (power off of course) over at my g/f's dads place. I've put up TV antennas and even pressure washed ceder siding for a client. Do I like doing that stuff? Not really but if they are willing to pay my set hourly rate its easy money.

changing light bulbs in parking lots wit the bucket truck is easy money too.

Heck yea ill do anything i can do if they gonna pay for it just cause its a 'tree truck' dont mean it cant haul gravel/mulch

if the truck stays in the driveway it isnt making any money

changing light bulbs in parking lots wit the bucket truck is easy money too.

Heck yea ill do anything i can do if they gonna pay for it just cause its a 'tree truck' dont mean it cant haul gravel/mulch

if the truck stays in the driveway it isnt making any money

i've done some of this. also put a line in a flag pole a couple days ago at a cemetary and also took a guy up to the top of his church to paint a couple crosses white. rescued a few cats too.

Latest posts

Back