Usless Bar Adapter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juttree

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So far this thing has been useless. I bought it a year or so ago and haven't tried to use it until recently. I figured I'd use it on my 272xp and nope, no go (doesn't fit). Tried to use it on my 372xp with the 24" Oregon bar that my 660 uses and no go, 84 drive links is too short for some reason. Cut a new chain with a couple extra links today AND, no go. Now the peg for the bar adjuster doesn't fit in the bar. What the heck saw does this little piece of crap work on? Looks like we either have to get another roll of .058 to go with the husqvarna bars or some new bars to go with what chain we've got. Maybe I should just get one off of Homelite410, I hear he makes nice ones, but that still doesn't solve the problem with the holes in the bar being too small. I know I can drill them out but, really!! IMAG1565.jpg

Hi guys! I understand your frustrations and that is why my adapter is designed a little different.. The problem of DL count lies in the distance from the center of the crankshaft to the furthest bar stud and of course every manufacturer is different. My adapter fits a variety of saws up to and including the 395, but I still have the problem of DL count on some powerhead-bar combinations. For instance I have a 12mm mount Oregon power match 24" stamped 84dl. In order to run it on my 2171 Jonsered, I have to run 85 DL chain or I need to take the bar slot .100" longer towards the tip. I am sorry that I can't make every chain fit for you guys but I will do my best to help.

I use it on my 268 and 272 to run my Stihl bars. I had to make the slot in the bar maybe 8-10 mills longer towards the the tip but that is because I have Stihl chains which are a link or so shorter than a comparable Stihl chain. I enjoy the flexibility of running the 18, 20 and 28 inch Stihl bars on either brand of saw (272 or 066). It was worth the 10 bucks.

I use it on my 268 and 272 to run my Stihl bars. I had to make the slot in the bar maybe 8-10 mills longer towards the the tip but that is because I have Stihl chains which are a link or so shorter than a comparable Stihl chain. I enjoy the flexibility of running the 18, 20 and 28 inch Stihl bars on either brand of saw (272 or 066). It was worth the 10 bucks.
When I tried to put the bar adapter on my 272 it didn't even come close to fitting, I think the studs were spaced too far apart or maybe it was the other way around, I don't remember.
Okay I'm done whining now. I'll go drill some holes so I can use it. It's definitely a handy thing to have, can't wait to be able to put it to use.

I have adaptors from Homelite410 on my 390 and 288, you can fit a 84 link chain on a 25" stihl fit bar if the sprocket, bar and chain are fitted together, otherwise it's 85 link. The adaptors are beautifully made and fit perfectly

Edit: I filed the husky tensioner a little thinner, it was too fat before to go in the bar holes

I have the same adapter on my Jred 2172 with a 18" and a 25" stihl bar. It work's great, but i had to modify the bars to get them to fit. The barslot needs to be lengthened towards the tip by about a half inch, and the 2 adjustor holes needs to be drilled out to 7 mm.

I grind the bar slot longer and open the adjuster holes. No big deal to me to keep from buying double the bars.

to make the one in your picture work, no choice but to modify it. That the one from Bailey's?
I don't think I got it from Bailey's but to be honest I can't remember where I bought it, I've had quite a few ordering frenzy's over the past couple years.

Here is my 7900 answer.
53a16d1ba76fe592d8118bab07904b97.jpg

Back