USPS barge has run aground. Again!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ship everything PP. I have only had about three issues in the hundred or so saws I have shipped in the last 1.5yrs, and two of those were in the last month. Otherwise, it is usually a couple of days slower than Priority and the cost is about 1/2 the cost of Priority, UPS, or FedEx. I will say that I bought some rings last week. They shipped last Tuesday and started out 150 miles south of me, went nearly all the way to the other end of Florida, and then arrived at the house on Saturday. I could have bicycled down there quicker.
FYI, tracking is now free (as of Monday) on USPS Priority packages. It's not worth much, but it's better than sitting in the dark.

The local PO lady told me that tracking is now free but they raised the postage prices.

my problems are with DHL. i would never ship with them again. there was tracking on the package but it was never updated. then 2 weeks later it still wasn't here so i called them to figure it out. all they said is they know what i know because they use the same tracking system as me. so i waited another 2-3 weeks something like that and by now i was getting frustrated. called them again and told them the tracking had not been updated at all and if they could please figure out what was wrong. they were just down right rude with me so i got rude back asking for their manager. talked to manager and it was just the same BS. i was so pissed. so i waited some more. after over a month i finally got a call from total delivery saying they have a package for me. i'm thinking how the @#$% does that happen. ship it DHL and it ends up in the hands of total. they said that they are the final delivery guys for my area under contract with DHL and that my package has been sitting for more then a month with a COD charge on it that needs to be payed in cash before it leaves their warehouse. i said what the heck is the point of you guys then. has to be payed in cash so i may as well pick it up while i'm there paying the charge. i asked if i could pay credit and they said if the payment was for us we could but it's for us to pay DHL so it has to be in cash. i was so annoyed but went and payed the COD charge anyways and picked up my package while i was there. i asked total for a bit of a refund because they didn't actually ship to my house. they just said you gotta talk to DHL about that. so i stayed in contact with DHL for pretty well 3 months with no outcome. now i've blown it off as a loss, will never do business with them again, and slam their name every chance i can.

i got a new huskie bar off of fleabay 2 weeks ago from a guy in WA,, it still isn't here yet,, according to the tracking it is just now in IA,, no wonder usps is broke,,,

USPS sucks. I recently ordered some new parts on ebay. Tracking said it would arive on 8th. Didn't show by the 8th so I checked the progress using tracking number. The tracking hadn't been updated in days. I contacted the seller and he emailed me back saying that the package had been lost. He sent another package the next day. I recieved the second package 3 days after he sent it. 5 days later the 1st package tha was schedule to arrive on the 8th was in my box. Fedex is no better either. Fedex won't deliver a package to my house. They drop it at the post office and it comes out with my mail. I have had the best luck with ups.

Ok its time for you dudes to reveal your EBAY identity so I NEVER BUY ANYTHING from you. I hate parcel post. The only one I received took so long I was afraid it would never come. Then it looked like they tried to run over it with a fork lift. I never ship anything parcel post. If I use USPS -- I always use priority mail. But the postal service is not know for its reliable service. They are the only company I've ever seen that can charge you a price for shipping, tell you the time it will arrive (which it rarely makes) and then basically tell you to get over it -- if its late. From what I've seen you have no recourse -- if you complain to the post master it is just a waste of time. My 2 pennies.

and if it arrives broken, file a claim and they'll never get back to you.
If it has tracking and never shows up, nothing we can do about it.
New glow plugs for my truck coming from NY (to MI). Last tracked leaving the country over a year ago. Postmaster said they are not responsible and that it may show up some day. Nice, were the government. Just continue to pay us and we'll consider doing something for you.

i got a new huskie bar off of fleabay 2 weeks ago from a guy in WA,, it still isn't here yet,, according to the tracking it is just now in IA,, no wonder usps is broke,,,

I won a similar auction a couple of weeks ago myself. However the bar was shipped UPS, shipped in about 4 days. Oregon to Washington though, for what its worth.
Mounted the Sugihara and putting it to work.

If I ship anything of appreciable value, it always goes either UPS or FedEx. If it's not worth a whole bunch, (and if the shipping cost makes sense), I'll ship it Priority Mail or 1st Class. I NEVER ship Parcel Post (or Parcel Select - whatever they call it now).

USPS tracking is horrible too - on anything they track. It can best be described as a delivery confirmation thing, not something you can trust like the private carriers.

Just had parts shipped from Eugene Ore to Sumas Wa took 2 days UPS
Had parts shipped from Hong Kong to BC Canada 7 weeks, but the parts were 1/2 price well worth the wait.
Have a parcel coming Hartford Ct to here via USPS we will see how that does.
BBB

Ok its time for you dudes to reveal your EBAY identity so I NEVER BUY ANYTHING from you. I hate parcel post. The only one I received took so long I was afraid it would never come. Then it looked like they tried to run over it with a fork lift. I never ship anything parcel post. If I use USPS -- I always use priority mail. But the postal service is not know for its reliable service. They are the only company I've ever seen that can charge you a price for shipping, tell you the time it will arrive (which it rarely makes) and then basically tell you to get over it -- if its late. From what I've seen you have no recourse -- if you complain to the post master it is just a waste of time. My 2 pennies.

Shipping is a win some lose some type of arrangement. I just bought a new cell phone that was shipped UPS, and it took 2 days to get across the country to a depot thats 28 miles from my house. It sat there 6 days till it got dropped off at my Post office and it showed up in my mailbox the day after. I've shipped PP everything. I know its slow, but its not a whole lot slower than priority, and its a whole lot cheaper than going the corporate routes.

If you ever buy anything from me, you do have the option of emailing me and saying" Hey, if I pay the extra dough, and cover your gas back and fourth to the UPS or Fed Ex center will you ship it that way." I'll bet you don't go for it, and I just waisted my time and gas running around.

People who move to these remote locations because they can afford to live in such a peaceful place crack me up when they b!$ch about the price of shipping and the price of gas and how it kills them getting back and fourth to work. In the words of the late great Sam Kinison," MOVE WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!"

Well, shipping anything is a pain. I lost track of a 40' shipping container recently. The tracking site said "no information found". Now ain't that special? I haven't heard but am assuming it arrived at its destination in West Africa.

If ya'll don't like parcel post, don't use it. I get boxes here from all the carriers and there seems to be a stiff competition as to who can destroy the boxes the most. I will say that in my opinion, most "losses" are due to crappy packaging. Amazon takes first place in that department. Study what you receive to get an idea of what your nice, pretty box will look like on the other end. The boxes I ship aren't pretty but my stuff gets there unbroken.

It seems that saws sent PP get beat up alot more than those sent priority.

I never know what they look like when it arrives to its destination, but I've only had one claim filed, and that was from a bar I sent to Alaska. I pack, and over pack well. I do know that the arrival times are getting longer and longer though. It only goes to figure though. The price of everything is going up. The post office is losing more and more every year, and overall I would expect the number of deliveries is down everywhere.

I know for sure that Fed Ex doesn't go to some locations unless its an overnite. Most Fed Ex trucks are franchises now, and those guys really only have to answer to one guy, thats the dispatcher who owns the one or 2 routes in an area. He's not gonna waste gas period. And he's not gonna pay wages to drive out to some remote location for 1 box. So that box gets loaded on a truck and chances are rides around for a couple days until a few boxes come in for that area.

I have absolutely NO complaint about USPS. They get things to me QUICKLY! Usually. My last receipt from them was an $825 saw no more than 100 miles away and it got to me in two days.

Well, GOOD NEWS guys and gals! There is no more parcel post. As of now, it is called "Standard Post" accompanied by new prices. I just got a quote to mail a couple bow bars and it will cost more than the usual chainsaw does even though it's a smaller box and less weight. Don't know what the next saw will cost...

Well, GOOD NEWS guys and gals! There is no more parcel post. As of now, it is called "Standard Post" accompanied by new prices. I just got a quote to mail a couple bow bars and it will cost more than the usual chainsaw does even though it's a smaller box and less weight. Don't know what the next saw will cost...

Yeah I got an email from ebay a week or two ago stating that USPS Parcel Post was gonna be no more. Replaced by 'Parcel Select' (whatever the heck that is) and 'Standard Post'. The email said something about not being able to print out USPS shipping labels on line through the ebay system for a while. Can't remember the details..............and now I can't find the email.

I shipped a small USPS flat rate box today. Postage for it at the PO was now $5.80. Over the last year, the small flat rate priority boxes have crept from $5.10 to $5.20 to $5.32 to $5.52, and now $5.80. I noticed that the medium and large flat rate boxes went up too (and I imagine the same is true with the 'discounted' on-line priority flat rate costs)...

Yeah, I got some saws to ship out early next week. I guess I'll find out real soon what it's gonna cost to ship them. I already have to charge extra for ebay shipping fee, now I'll have to add to that. The ebay shipping fee is pure greed on ebay's part because they don't have anything to do with the shipping.

All i know is USPS likes to destroy boxes. Looked like the box my timberline sharpener came in went through 'nam and back.

ugh, I ordered a new CB recently that was Shipped UPS, and guess what, UPS "gave" it to USPS for delivery, supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so we will see how many pieces it is in if it even arrives.

we had a recent issue with our local UPS office somehow wrecked their 4x4 delivery truck (heard the local General Manager took it for a Joy Ride) 8 months ago have been making the delivery guy wait in one of the UPS box trucks at the bottom of the hill (in 20 deg & colder weather) & call everyone to drive down and get their packages at the highway (I live up in the Mountains), now it seems they are still trying to avoid buying a new truck by having USPS make the delivery's.....:msp_angry:

Priority Mail, is priority.

Parcel Post packages will set somewhere until there is room on a truck. After all the Priority Mail is loaded, gone, delivered, etc...

I get very good service from USPS, but I do not use Parcel Post!!!

Back