USPS barge has run aground. Again!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh, I ordered a new CB recently that was Shipped UPS, and guess what, UPS "gave" it to USPS for delivery, supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so we will see how many pieces it is in if it even arrives.

we had a recent issue with our local UPS office somehow wrecked their 4x4 delivery truck (heard the local General Manager took it for a Joy Ride) 8 months ago have been making the delivery guy wait in one of the UPS box trucks at the bottom of the hill (in 20 deg & colder weather) & call everyone to drive down and get their packages at the highway (I live up in the Mountains), now it seems they are still trying to avoid buying a new truck by having USPS make the delivery's.....:msp_angry:

Like I said earlier about living in remote areas. Its only gonna get worse for you as the price of gas goes up. I work for UPS part time during the holidays and sometimes in the summer. UPS is a corporation. The stockholders at the top scream at the board of directors that they're not making what they should. The board screams at the CEO. Him at the VP's They scream down at the regional managers. The regionals are all over the supervisors, and they are cracking the wip on the warehouse and the drivers. Trust me when I say screaming. Everyone along that line has to make money, and fuel trucks with diesel and pay utility bills and local taxes.

I live in a urban area and I don't know how they can make a buck delivering to some of the places they go to around here. The days of UPS driving 12 miles up some mountain road for 1 box and charging $18 is soon to be over, or they are just gonna sit on that box until there are 3 boxes to deliver. Thats why they just give them to the USPS at a negociated price and have them take it. Better buy more, and get your neighbors in on that too if you want to keep the price down for your mountain. Trust me on this also, that little scanner that the driver does the barcode with tells people in far off locations how much should be charged for an area, and when the price should go up.

As far as damaged goods go, thats why tape and hi tech packing material was invented. Its expensive too now a days. Go to Wally World or Staples, and price a 3 pack of GOOD tape. Boxes get bounced around no matter who delivers them. Pack them good and they arrive good. Outside of the box gets beat, but inside should be intact.

Another thing that I can assure is that General Manager wasn't JOY RIDING in a company vehicle. That guys making major coin and probably has a few toys around for those purposes. He wouldn't risk that job for a little fun in the company truck. The drivers in my area get written up for getting stuck. Even a delay to stop and put on the chains has to be called in. Having a wrecker show up is a big deal that is reveiwed by the chain of command. Decisions are made and usually would involve that driver in a meeting with his Union rep and a table full of suits. Not something a guy with a good job wants.

Like I said earlier about living in remote areas. Its only gonna get worse for you as the price of gas goes up. I work for UPS part time during the holidays and sometimes in the summer. UPS is a corporation. The stockholders at the top scream at the board of directors that they're not making what they should. The board screams at the CEO. Him at the VP's They scream down at the regional managers. The regionals are all over the supervisors, and they are cracking the wip on the warehouse and the drivers. Trust me when I say screaming. Everyone along that line has to make money, and fuel trucks with diesel and pay utility bills and local taxes.

I live in a urban area and I don't know how they can make a buck delivering to some of the places they go to around here. The days of UPS driving 12 miles up some mountain road for 1 box and charging $18 is soon to be over, or they are just gonna sit on that box until there are 3 boxes to deliver. Thats why they just give them to the USPS at a negociated price and have them take it. Better buy more, and get your neighbors in on that too if you want to keep the price down for your mountain. Trust me on this also, that little scanner that the driver does the barcode with tells people in far off locations how much should be charged for an area, and when the price should go up.

As far as damaged goods go, thats why tape and hi tech packing material was invented. Its expensive too now a days. Go to Wally World or Staples, and price a 3 pack of GOOD tape. Boxes get bounced around no matter who delivers them. Pack them good and they arrive good. Outside of the box gets beat, but inside should be intact.

Another thing that I can assure is that General Manager wasn't JOY RIDING in a company vehicle. That guys making major coin and probably has a few toys around for those purposes. He wouldn't risk that job for a little fun in the company truck. The drivers in my area get written up for getting stuck. Even a delay to stop and put on the chains has to be called in. Having a wrecker show up is a big deal that is reveiwed by the chain of command. Decisions are made and usually would involve that driver in a meeting with his Union rep and a table full of suits. Not something a guy with a good job wants.

Kinda glad I'm retired....You brought up memories of how it was when I did work.

Well, shipping anything is a pain. I lost track of a 40' shipping container recently. The tracking site said "no information found". Now ain't that special? I haven't heard but am assuming it arrived at its destination in West Africa.

Finally got word on the missing shipping container, it arrived at its destination a couple days ago. Guess the Christmas gifts in there are going to be late?

Got a quote just now for a package with two bow bars in it going from georgia to jersey. the box is 24x16x3 and weighs in at 11 lb and 2 oz. That rate for "standard post" is $21.31 fyi

Package hit my front porch this morning. Finally!

i went by our locsal post office today to drop off a package in the outside mailbox and it was overflowing with letters coming out of the neck of the box. i could not believe they had not emptied it yet. it was chaulked full of letters.:laugh:

I went to the Post Office today to mail some saws. I almost didn't bring enough money. One saw bound for California cost $34 shipping and some change. I think I charged the buyer $25 for the postage, guess I'm gonna have to change my rates a little or quit selling...

I went to the Post Office today to mail some saws. I almost didn't bring enough money. One saw bound for California cost $34 shipping and some change. I think I charged the buyer $25 for the postage, guess I'm gonna have to change my rates a little or quit selling...

The rates jumped quite a bit in the past week or so. Around the same time that notification about ebay no longer shipping parcel post. If you have new listings deffinately raise the postage.

Well, GOOD NEWS guys and gals! There is no more parcel post. As of now, it is called "Standard Post" accompanied by new prices. I just got a quote to mail a couple bow bars and it will cost more than the usual chainsaw does even though it's a smaller box and less weight. Don't know what the next saw will cost...

I think I know what they'll cost as of last Monday, just add about $10 to what it cost before...

The rates jumped quite a bit in the past week or so. Around the same time that notification about ebay no longer shipping parcel post. If you have new listings deffinately raise the postage.

Ebay doesn't ship parcel post because parcel post is no more, it's been replaced by standard postage. It is about $10 higher to ship across the country, a little less for closer shipments and does include tracking.

from MD to PA to Texas

Well i sent a few parts to Texas last week and they appeared in Pa Yesterday (tracking finally after 5 days) USPS priority mail. atleast i see they found it.!!!

Just had parts shipped from Eugene Ore to Sumas Wa took 2 days UPS
Had parts shipped from Hong Kong to BC Canada 7 weeks, but the parts were 1/2 price well worth the wait.
Have a parcel coming Hartford Ct to here via USPS we will see how that does.
BBB

Received the box from Hartford Ct yesterday, not bad 6 days USPS.
To the interior of BC
But it still shows as being accepted to their sort faculties!!!
BBB

Last edited:
Ca to MD in 2 days

i ordered a sprocket tip from Bryce Sunday and it arrived today in the mail USPS. that is like 2 days, crazy !!

Back