Velocity Stacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeDelight Man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anybody have any experience on using V-stacks on their saws? I put one on my saw and WOW what a difference.

It's a basically a piece of pipe that attaches to the intake of the carb where the air filter goes. By changing it's length, one can tune the resonant condition of the intake column of air that flows into the engine at a given RPM. This serves to increase power and also makes a dandy vacuum cleaner for sawdust and chips.

They kind of do for an engine what a horn does for a loudspeaker driver; only in reverse.  They create smooth transitions in air movement, thus increasing efficiency of the movement by matching the characteristics of the air on one end of the device (relatively static) to those on the other end (rapidly moving).

Glen

what a great thread; almost 8 yo and only 6 post to it counting this one. i know that somewhere in the vastness of the internet, someone was just sitting there wondering what velocity stack were, they just didn't know where to look.

I had one on the 088KD headbanger from way back
im000010-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats because in 2001 there were only 10 members total. The sad thing is I remember this thread from when it was new:confused:

I remember reading it as a lurker just before I joined, and then when Bob resurrected it I remember thinking "why read all this old crap?"

I had one on the 088KD headbanger from way back

Do you still have the KD headbanger? What a nice saw that was...

I thought I posted this pic last night but I guess not. I need to get back to this one.

Bill

Latest posts

Back