Vermeer 1600-a

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny580

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anybody have a copy of the parts and service manuals for these? I have no idea of the serial # since the hitch tag is damaged. Just bought it and needing a drive belt too in the near future.
Right now the new starter/sol./and switch are not working either. Kinda wanted a wiring diagram so I could go over the system. The guy I bought it from was no whizz on his repairs on this thing! lol!
here are a few pix of it.

Attachments

• 20201201_110853.jpg
    20201201_110853.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201201_110900.jpg
    20201201_110900.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201201_110929.jpg
    20201201_110929.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201201_110944.jpg
    20201201_110944.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 7
Anybody have a copy of the parts and service manuals for these? I have no idea of the serial # since the hitch tag is damaged. Just bought it and needing a drive belt too in the near future.
Right now the new starter/sol./and switch are not working either. Kinda wanted a wiring diagram so I could go over the system. The guy I bought it from was no whizz on his repairs on this thing! lol!
Go to google look up Chrysler slant six industrial engine wiring diagram. Quite a few there. I'm rebuilding the same engine as yours that I took apart 6-7 years ago. Can't find front motor mounts. Could you e-mail detail pictures of front motor mount [email protected] Thanks Steve, falmouth, Me

call vermeer factory, they will send one at no charge

Vermeer factory is of no help---- gotta have tag numbers which are not readable on mine--- tag is there ----just blank.
I will try to get some close-ups of the motor mounts for you. --- I never did look at how its held down!! LOL!
I could use a new drive belt, but again with the tag numbers,----no go. Dont know the length,-- all I know is that it is the 4 band width one.

Vermeer factory is of no help---- gotta have tag numbers which are not readable on mine--- tag is there ----just blank.
I will try to get some close-ups of the motor mounts for you. --- I never did look at how its held down!! LOL!
I could use a new drive belt, but again with the tag numbers,----no go. Dont know the length,-- all I know is that it is the 4 band width one.
Sometimes if you take a strong flashlight to the tag, you can see the old numbers left on the tag after the paint or material has worn away. Tilt your light back and forth to see if there's any signs whatsoever. I did it with a trailer of mine that I need to get the GVW for.

good luck

Steve!---email sent --- let me know if you get it or not. 6 pix of my front plate.
Tried everything to see the serial # tag---no go! Its so old and had too much road salt splashed on it plus a couple coats of paint! Numbers were not stamped on this one --- must have just been printed on as tag is smooth.
Putting full image pix here so you can see better how the front mounts on this one. I never paid any attention before as to how its mounted but is just a big ole plate with pieces welded on for feet.
First pic. is the back side corner under the alternator.
The plate is welded to a flat plate that slides on the belt adjuster beams.
I dont normally put up full size pix, but the small size ones dont show much detail, so please bear with me on this post! Thanks!!
DSCN0029.JPGDSCN0030.JPGDSCN0031.JPGDSCN0032.JPGDSCN0033.JPGDSCN0034.JPG

Steve!---email sent --- let me know if you get it or not. 6 pix of my front plate.
Tried everything to see the serial # tag---no go! Its so old and had too much road salt splashed on it plus a couple coats of paint! Numbers were not stamped on this one --- must have just been printed on as tag is smooth.
Putting full image pix here so you can see better how the front mounts on this one. I never paid any attention before as to how its mounted but is just a big ole plate with pieces welded on for feet.
First pic. is the back side corner under the alternator.
The plate is welded to a flat plate that slides on the belt adjuster beams.
I dont normally put up full size pix, but the small size ones dont show much detail, so please bear with me on this post! Thanks!!
View attachment 886685View attachment 886686View attachment 886687View attachment 886688View attachment 886689View attachment 886690
Thanks very very helpful. Still can't find the pieces, thats what happens when I let a project for a few years.
Steve

Vermeer customer service was able to look up my VIN using the engine SN. Did they mention this?
Maybe not with the older machines.

Latest posts

Back