vermeer chipper knives

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably Knife source here in SC. I have been using zenith for yrs with no problems.

Zenith!!!

Go with zenith. Why, I'll tell you why. I was home with a sick kid today and the other one in the hospital. I called there 800# and got one of their lovely old gals on the phone and started to order up my blades. In the back ground she could hear my son coughing and said I hear you got a sick kid in the back ground, I said yes I do. Well what do ya know, he starts to throw up and she says she can hear that in the back ground and tells me she can wait and to take my time to take care of my son. After a couple of minutes I get back to her and she says what a patient father I am and knows what its like cause she's a grand mother. Well long story short. Cost should of been $137.23 she says I'm gonna give you a break today and only charged me a $108. Thirty dollars don't sound like much, and it really int now a days but it was her compassion that really counted. Its hard to find people these day who give a S--T. With such great customer service like that how could you shop any where else. I had other very polite and courteous woman before at Zenith. Not just this woman. You know what else is cool, I ordered these blade at about one o'clock this afternoon and she said they will be there tomorrow.

Vermeer Chippers

Hey, you guys should consider Hardedge Tool's knives, they last 20% longer than all other Brands and great Customer service!

Hardedge said:
Hey, you guys should consider Hardedge Tool's knives, they last 20% longer than all other Brands and great Customer service!

Even if they were good, this is obvious biased advertising. Does this guy have a chipper, what are the specs on his knives, and is this really the place to put this type of advertising?

by the way, I like zenith. Price is right, delivery is good, I don't have to go to Vermeer about 70 miles away and pay $70 for a knife that will last the same and I get very good customer service. One complaint, Zenith's credit card ordering system needs some work. Other than that, I am happy with the knives and I use them on a 20" chipper that takes a beating with dirty wood.

I have tried Vermeer, Woodsman, and Zenith to date and they are all about the same but Woodsman seemed to wear out the fastest if I had to be pinned down.

How come?

How do they last 20% longer than Zenith blades? Did you have identical chippers, chipping the same amount, of the same material at the same job site? Are they made of some type of steel we never heard of? Are they made of carbide? Well you want to sell me your hard edge blades you gotta try harder than that. I need specs, prices, something more than the 20%, and you got to prove it, not just tell me. A web site would be nice or a catalog. I find it hard to justify one blade being better than the other. One day I might be doing a large take down, in a pristine yard, with not an ounce of gravel of rocks around, with a concrete street. The next day might be a large trim job, with a gravel driveway or were the street and the drive way meet, with busted up black top. Rocks and stones reek havoc on your blades so does the species of wood you chip. One day I might chip nothing but ash, locust, or oak, very hard stuff. The next might be white pine, poplar, or bass wood, very soft stuff. Come on man you gotta sell harder than that. I'm happy with Zenith, there friendly, knowledgeable, and my blades are in my hands usually with in 1-2 days, and I feel there pricing is very competitive.

You are right the knives are all the same.

But I do like the ones form Baileys. again there is no way to tell if one is better than the other, just cheaper.

Back