Vermeer chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a new woodchipper for landscaping work. I'll be cutting things mostly in the 8" range, and I woould prefer a diesel engine but I will take a gas unit if its in good shape. How much would it cost to get a used Vermeer brand chipper that would meet my needs? Thanks.

While the 9 inch Vermeer is a solid machine, it is hard to feed bulky material, due to its tiny feed rollers and small infeed. The 9 inch Brush Bandit, and Morbark are far superior chippers.

There are a lot more 12 inch chippers for sale used.... go to treetrader.com.....I doubt if anything good can be found for under $6000.

I had a Vermeer 1250, 80HP Perkins Diesel with auto feed and curbside feed. Best machine I every used. Plenty of power and I liked the vertical feed rollers. Very easy to clean out when you get a piece stuck behind feed roollers, compared to the Morbark I have now. I would go with diesel. You can find good used from $6,000 to $9,000. Hope this helps

i hate gas engines period..diesel everytime for me ..gas engines never seem to run smooth like a deisel..and id never have a gas chipper no way....

my chipper is ford gas who cares what is powering it its107hp and i can chip for two days on one mulch sale $50=55 litres probably the only diffrence is choking it in the morning

Latest posts

Back