Vermeer, Morbark, or Rayco???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loucks10

Reaction score
When looking at used stump grinders and chippers, would you go with Vermeer, Morbark, or Rayco? I cannot afford new, so parts availability is a huge deal. Including aftermarket part availability... What's your thoughts and/or pros and cons with the three companies?

When looking at used stump grinders and chippers, would you go with Vermeer, Morbark, or Rayco? I cannot afford new, so parts availability is a huge deal. Including aftermarket part availability... What's your thoughts and/or pros and cons with the three companies?

If you would like to look at a Bandit, please contact us! We have used units in stock.

None of the 3 listed for grinders. Go with either Bandit or Carlton so you can get a state of the art remote control unit. Both brands are easy to get parts for and easy to work on.
Jeff

Rayco is a good machine, but they do not offer remote control do they? I think Rayco is about one generation behind in their stump grinder technology. However, I owned a small Rayco years ago, and it never gave me any trouble. Bandit and Carlton just spoiled me with the remote control capabilities.

It really comes down to the particular make and model that is available. They all have the good points and bad.

Back