Vermeer stump grinders, questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon 1

Reaction score
I have a Vermeer stump grinders, is it best to change all the teeth out at once, or just the one broken one? And what's the best teeth to run on a sc 252 stump grinder? I was told green teeth, but was also told that it won't run a full set of green teeth cause they cut so fast they will bog the motor down....is this true?

On a 252 once you dull the teeth you will want to change them. The lower hp machines need sharp teeth to be effective.

After some experience you will know when you break a tooth as there will be some vibration in the controls. Broken teeth need to be replaced right away or you will do damage to the tooth pocket or holder.

Talk to green manufacturing directly, they will recommend a greenteeth setup for your machine. I used to run a 1625 which is a very similar machine and switching to greenteeth made a massive difference for the better. I would look into the green wheel as well. I later switched to that and loved it.

Latest posts

Back