Vermont Castings Vigilant II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrafire2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this stove could be used to burn wood? I looked on line and it looks like this stove is specificaly designed to burn coal. Is the firebox too small?

Thanks

Most of the older VC line could be set up to burn either. The insert kit was different between the two. The firebox was pretty small when set up to burn coal...... this should be fairly obvious to look at. I do not know of anywhere to buy the inserts to convert from coal to wood, or wood to coal anymore.

Most of the older VC line could be set up to burn either. The insert kit was different between the two. The firebox was pretty small when set up to burn coal...... this should be fairly obvious to look at. I do not know of anywhere to buy the inserts to convert from coal to wood, or wood to coal anymore.

This stove was bought last year new, it is the newer model, whatever that means?

Its news to me if it could be bought to burn coal last year. Would stand to reason that any VC dealer could order you the inserts then.

I learn something new every day here. :cheers:

Back