verneer timber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankyslog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello there fellow timberman out there, i am interesting in marketing my verneer logs to canada ,across the soo saint marie area from michigan im tired of the middle man politics involved in this within my state. i am interested in cut and dry purchase talk. and i was told canada is where i need to go to get it. any info on verneer buyers within 150 mile radious of soo area would be greatly appreciated. sincere thanks franky, independant farms & logging.

hello there fellow timberman out there, i am interesting in marketing my verneer logs to canada ,across the soo saint marie area from michigan im tired of the middle man politics involved in this within my state. i am interested in cut and dry purchase talk. and i was told canada is where i need to go to get it. any info on verneer buyers within 150 mile radious of soo area would be greatly appreciated. sincere thanks franky, independant farms & logging.

What kind of veneer do you have and what kind of prices are you getting for your veneer over there.

primarily hard maple and a few othor logs, misc species, lookin for a no b/s buyer in canada i prefer soo area. about 40 or so logs and counting. thanks

primarily hard maple and a few othor logs, misc species, lookin for a no b/s buyer in canada i prefer soo area. about 40 or so logs and counting. thanks

Hard maple over here will bring you any where from $900-$5000mbf which veneer mills do you sell to down there.I know we sent some logs into the states last winter because they were paying more.How big is the timber and what is heart size like i might have a few numbers for you.

thats $.90-5.00/bft. thats darn good!!! we don't get that from anything around here..except the occasional walnut...pretty good $

thats $.90-5.00/bft. thats darn good!!! we don't get that from anything around here..except the occasional walnut...pretty good $

The $5 a foot doesn't come around very often once every few years unless you work south of me the quaity of timber gets better down south.Around here you would avrg.$1-$2 a foot for maple veneer.I go down south every spring to an old fells place that i use to cut for we try to find some walnut trees to buy last year did alright found one tree two veneer logs in it paid $6.50 a foot ,scoped another one from hydro they were cuting an new line they give us the tree got $4500 for that one guess they didn't know what they had.:hmm3grin2orange: Wish i could just do that all the time make with that then logging.What do you get for veneer down there?

verneers

sorry guys im back on the site ive been told canada is the place to get a fair buck, actually about the only place to get a fair buck at this time . actually my previous buyer was a middle man and his checks cashed .however i am going to eliminate him for the simple (fact) grade timber has fallen way off in the last 5 months in michigan, hard maple is way down in my area . that combined with them (the mills) skinning the small contractors. (owner operators like myself) just doesnt pay ! i used to sell verneer exclusively to this buyer from indiana. and i heard through the vine he was selling to canada and drop shipping from my log landings. no big deal (thats buisness) except id like to keep the 35% or so he was making for my own wallet at the moment. as far as how much (loads) not really sure at this point average is about 22 inch small end not huge by any means however still nice stuff. thanks you guy for the info prices ect, look like canada is willing to treat ya fair on this stuff. those figures are consistent with what ive been hearing. ive got to call my ruler up and get his opinion on how much the final tally will be.(scale) thanks agian for the input.

The $5 a foot doesn't come around very often once every few years unless you work south of me the quaity of timber gets better down south.Around here you would avrg.$1-$2 a foot for maple veneer.I go down south every spring to an old fells place that i use to cut for we try to find some walnut trees to buy last year did alright found one tree two veneer logs in it paid $6.50 a foot ,scoped another one from hydro they were cuting an new line they give us the tree got $4500 for that one guess they didn't know what they had.:hmm3grin2orange: Wish i could just do that all the time make with that then logging.What do you get for veneer down there?

im not sure of the exact figure for hard maple but i believe that the last # i heard was $1.35 a foot for the good stuff.....i cut some $6.00/bft walnut last year...im contract cutting now so my just is just to put the stuff on the ground, someone else deals with teh #'s. got 17000 bft feet out today. are they many other hardwoods up there other than hard maple? we have more oak and hickory than hard maple

im not sure of the exact figure for hard maple but i believe that the last # i heard was $1.35 a foot for the good stuff.....i cut some $6.00/bft walnut last year...im contract cutting now so my just is just to put the stuff on the ground, someone else deals with teh #'s. got 17000 bft feet out today. are they many other hardwoods up there other than hard maple? we have more oak and hickory than hard maple

The area where i live has more red oak then hard maple but we also have soft maple white and yellow birch,black cherry,ash,poplar,basswood,beach,and the area grows some real nice white and red pine.Whats the skid distrance there 17000 bft is a good day.

what type of tymber ?

there is a little varience in timber, mainly hard maple though, dont see very much really nice wood these days. just about average, ive been told theres alot of nice wood down south, as well virginia and louisiana , ive actually heard of canadian companys opening up shop in louisiana, for the quality and size of hard wood they got to offer, occasionally i cut some nice stuff though on a private referral basis,

The area where i live has more red oak then hard maple but we also have soft maple white and yellow birch,black cherry,ash,poplar,basswood,beach,and the area grows some real nice white and red pine.Whats the skid distrance there 17000 bft is a good day.

we are skidding a lil over a 1/4 mile, ground is wet and we are having to usually drag 1 at a time with the 440 D cable. one of trees has 1200 ft in it(soft maple) 42" on the stump. we really don't get into any pine down here. imm working today and will try to get some pics

dragging wood

thank god for forwaders! in some cases any way, the last guy buying all my peel wood would freak out! if the logs were a little dirty expecially on the but ends . i care fully had to powerwash a couple or he wanted them for #1 saw log price . i wont miss him to say the least. they log buyer( middlemen)dont realize what we deal with in the woods day in day out,with ground conditions and all. havent cut any bass in awhile no body wants to get off of it in my area.they all want it to get a little bigger we cut alot of it 8 to 10 years ago i was pretty thick in the stuff cutting contracts. ive got an extra forwader for sale on the site if anyones hunting for a decent machine at a fair price.

thank god for forwaders! in some cases any way, the last guy buying all my peel wood would freak out! if the logs were a little dirty expecially on the but ends . i care fully had to powerwash a couple or he wanted them for #1 saw log price . i wont miss him to say the least. they log buyer( middlemen)dont realize what we deal with in the woods day in day out,with ground conditions and all. havent cut any bass in awhile no body wants to get off of it in my area.they all want it to get a little bigger we cut alot of it 8 to 10 years ago i was pretty thick in the stuff cutting contracts. ive got an extra forwader for sale on the site if anyones hunting for a decent machine at a fair price.

You sure got that right about the buyers not knowing what we go threw i would of told the guy that wanted me to power wash the log off were to go.What kind of fowarder are you selling.

forwader ?

pettibone m/d 12 model, origionally a grappler, it is know sporting a custom barko#80 loader with 1/3 cord bypass grapple. very good runner. 6 cyl cummings powered. push blade 4x4 hi, low .4 speed standard shift. 4 wheel steer, nearly new firestones with boots 18.4.26 size 99%tread. its listed in land clearing section of this site. and its priced right. machine is very uniuqe.1 of a kind.

Latest posts

Back