Versalift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squisher

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 91 Ford F-700 with a 55' working height versalift bucket on it. Anyone have any experience or comments about this truck or lift. It's a diesel truck with the chip box set-up and I know that the lift is a 91 as well. This is a local to me truck that has had only two owners. It has been dielectic? tested and self destruct tested every year except for this year, it was due in July. It only wasn't re-certified because the owner retired from tree work which I know to be true. I can probably get this truck for 23,000 canadian. It has 88,000 miles and 4900hrs on it. Does this seem fair? I'm pretty limited in selection as I'm not to eager to learn about importing a vehicle plus I don't have any time to travel. The boom is overcenter upper and lower. The upper is no quite fully overcenter and the lower just breaks overcenter but not by alot.

Ran a few Hi-Rangers and Altecs, never a Versalift. My old foreman, who was a bucket slug (joking) for twenty years told me that Versalifts were his favorite boom. They are expensive new I understand. I don't know who the dealer is in B.C. but the City of Vancouver has a few of them so there has to be one in B.C. That sounds like decent price, good luck.

Thanks for the reply.
Commercial Equipment in Vancouver(Delta) is the dealer for Versalift. I contacted them and was told that a new 55' working height with new chassis would be around $150,000 and going up with the 2007 chassis or any options like the 10' elevator.

I am probably going to buy this truck if not just for the increased chip hauling capacity. I have a 1tonne dump with sides and an old c'n'd and I'm going to end up making six freaking loads to the dump on one job this week. Pain in the gas and a waste of time. I like working on trees more than driving around town.

ya I'm boosting my own thread this is alot of money for me to spend. Has no one out there used these lifts or have anything to say about them. I've searched here lots and have found little to no info on the versalift. I just want to make sure I'm getting into a safe lift.:rockn:

I've got a Versalift with a 60 ft working height. It was built in 2000 and mounted on the rear end of a flatbed. I've also got a 2000 ALC rear mounted bucket truck. I like the versalift better because it stows lower on the truck. It can get in tighter spots. Also, the Versalift has far fewer grease fittings. There's tons of them on the ALC. Also, you don't have to change the cables on the Versalift like you have to do on the ALC in 6 to 7 years. I've got a big bill ahead for the ALC. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the older Versalifts.

Latest posts

Back