Vid of my first piped saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good work

Sounds great

I just want to say I realize I dont know It all

But I guess some people on this site
actually do know everything

that chain was makin some pretty quick times at the the last gtg i attended. don't worry, I'll go dig up something softer, I know some of you west coast guys dont see many hardwoods cut...:monkey:

What kinda sprocket you gonna use?

I cut lots of hardwoods, hickory is terrible, we leave it for the squirrels unless there are tie logs needed..

What kinda sprocket you gonna use?

I cut lots of hardwoods, hickory is terrible, we leave it for the squirrels unless there are tie logs needed..

9 pin. might buy a 10 also, just to see if it will pull it. actually prolly not money is tight... just a 9.

9 pin. might buy a 10 also, just to see if it will pull it. actually prolly not money is tight... just a 9.

Well I am planning on making it to your place next month so you can use any of mine you want. I will bring 8 through 13 pin rims. If anyone has a bar tail big enough I guess I could bring more. Anything above 10 pin needs a modified tail.

Bill

Well I am planning on making it to your place next month so you can use any of mine you want. I will bring 8 through 13 pin rims. If anyone has a bar tail big enough I guess I could bring more. Anything above 10 pin needs a modified tail.

Bill

well, not sure i would be able to pull anything above ten, I might have to shave the rear of my bar just to get a 10 to fit due to chain length.

If you are going to use the saw for cutting wood on a regular basis, you can build a flexible coupling just off the cylinder to prevent cracking, and to keep the heat in the pipe, have it ceramic coated. The coatings work very well. Heavier and not as pretty would be to simply wrap the pipe. Sure cuts good as is though!!

If you are going to use the saw for cutting wood on a regular basis, you can build a flexible coupling just off the cylinder to prevent cracking, and to keep the heat in the pipe, have it ceramic coated. The coatings work very well. Heavier and not as pretty would be to simply wrap the pipe. Sure cuts good as is though!!

probably only wood that the pipe will see is cookies... unless someone ever says: hey I bet my saw will cut through that faster than yours while I'm out cuttin firewood. Only problem is that I normally cut alone.

probably only wood that the pipe will see is cookies... unless someone ever says: hey I bet my saw will cut through that faster than yours while I'm out cuttin firewood. Only problem is that I normally cut alone.

It feels good to show somebody how a real saw cuts, it really feels good when they have been braggin, and you hand them their butt. LOL

Latest posts

Back