Vids

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy crap. Hard to tell what was going on in that first one but Holy Crap. I guess it all worked out okay so no biggie but Holy Crap (did I say that already?)
I would have cleaned some of that top up first if possible. I think you hit everything with in reach on the way down.

I give you credit for sharing though thanks.

In #1, I think that it's safe to say that there's an error in the technique when you hit the power lines.

That second video the tree just fell over. :)

hahaha

holy crap. Hard to tell what was going on in that first one but Holy Crap. I guess it all worked out okay so no biggie but Holy Crap (did I say that already?)
I would have cleaned some of that top up first if possible. I think you hit everything with in reach on the way down.

I give you credit for sharing though thanks.

Yeah that was quite a job. It was a Saturday morning and I was in bed when I got the call. Some friends of mine had offered to help this lady with some "tree work". They called me when they realized they were in over their heads. The root plate on the silver maple was coming out of the ground so it was not possible to climb safely. A bucket was out of the question due to expense and location, mainly location of the tree.It was either fell it there, or have it fall on those very same power lines. I knew that if I felled the tree away from the lines, the branches growing over them would brush them, but not bring them down. So I did it and it all worked out. Breakage in the neighboring tree was expected, and I pruned all the stubs & hangers out afterwords. Everyone was happy, everyone went home safe.

Last edited:
Yeah that was quite a job. It was a Saturday morning and I was in bed when I got the call. Some friends of mine had offered to help this lady with some "tree work". They called me when they realized they were in over their heads. The root plate on the silver maple was coming out of the ground so it was not possible to climb safely. A bucket was out of the question due to expense and location, mainly location of the tree.It was either fell it their, or have it fall on those very same power lines. I knew that if I felled the tree away from the lines, the branches growing over them would brush them, but not bring them down. So I did it and it all worked out. breakage in the neighboring tree was expected, and pruned all the stubs out afterwords. Everyone was happy.

Well that explains a lot. The video was short so you could not tell for sure where the tree started and I thought he may have been already partially down and unclimbable but thats why I said it was hard to tell whats going on there.

Latest posts

Back